Between UTC-5 and UTC +3, time zones
Founded in 2010, Satellogic is a vertically integrated geospatial analytics company that will be the first in history to develop a scalable Earth Observation platform with the ability to remap the entire planet at high-frequency and high-resolution. Our mission is to democratize access to geospatial data and provide affordable, world class data science services for decision-makers and innovators who are solving the world’s most pressing problems.
Satellogic’s team of more than 280 employees across 10 countries, working in disciplines across satellite engineering, manufacturing, AI, software development, data science, operations, product management and sales has the goal to deliver a fundamentally better picture of our planet and the many forces that reshape it every day. We deliver this by expanding our existing constellation to 60+ LEO satellites in the next two years that will remap the planet at sub-meter resolution on a weekly basis. Our constellation will ultimately grow to offer our customers daily world remaps in 2025.
We are excited to grow with purpose-driven team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning -- all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
About the team.
The Software team in our Satellite Engineering group is in charge of design, development, implementation and maintenance of the software that runs on the satellites in space, and some ground applications closely related to the satellite (communication software stack, security, etc.).
Its mission is to provide high quality software, a common software architecture, and enforce good practices among the projects that compose the satellite software ecosystem.
The team is always finding new ways to solve complex problems, we lean on and support each other going beyond ego.
Between UTC-5 and UTC +3, time zones.
About the position.
As a member of the Satellite Engineering Software team you will:
- Improve and maintain the continuous integration environments.
- Support the rest of the Satellite Engineering Software team by creating tools to automate and smoothen the software development process.
- Collaborate on the development of new CI setups.
- Participate in project plannings and definitions.
- Develop software tools and/or systems to improve the runners uptime.
Experience we value.
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, similar field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience as DevOps.
- Hands-on experience in background systems/processes.
- Experienced Linux user, bash scripting, packaging.
Skills we value.
- Advanced Docker or containers technology skills.
- Python programming.
- Familiarity with Gitlab.
- Basic networking knowledge (protocols, routing, etc.)
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes.
- Capacity to learn continuously and passion for pushing the limits.
- Advanced English for reading, writing and speaking.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, bring new solutions and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc)"