In 2018 Bynder will keep growing steadily with a focus on stability and new features that will certainly bring a lot of new challenges. In order to successfully comply with our product vision we need you: a self-motivated problem solver, capable of taking responsibility and provide solutions.
As a DevOps Engineer you will be part of the DevOps squad and together with the squad you will refine and work on projects. You will working on improvement of our releases, security and monitoring of our platform. You will be further involved in redesigning our CI/CD pipeline, and help the transition to monorepos for faster integration. Deployment wise, Kubernetes is the global goal for this year. Exciting times ahead!
You will work in an agile environment closely cooperating with our Development and Product Team in Rotterdam.Your typical day as a DevOps engineer will be action packed; Be ready for a dynamic environment that requires the flexibility to work independently, take initiative to lead projects while collaborating with the team to expedite the creation and deployment of our game-changing SaaS platform. But of course there is always a cold beer waiting for you at the end of each day. Work hard, play hard! That's how we roll!
What you will do:
- Build and maintain our production infrastructure to ensure scalability and high-availability while maximizing development team efficiency
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues related to product and infrastructure.
- Implement solutions for automated provisioning of clusters and centralised configuration management using orchestration and configuration management tools
- Ensure that proactive and efficient monitoring is in place for all our vital microservices, while an advanced alarming system is notifying us for unusual behavior
- Perform automated deployments to create new or update existing production/staging environments
- Be responsible for packaging and distribution of our custom software libraries
- Continuous Integration and Delivery for all our microservices
- Provide insights into scalability and maintenance to developers
Who you are:
- You love ownership and proactivity; you design it, you build it, you own it!
- You have worked as a DevOps engineer for at least 2 years
- You have experience with architecting systems based on functional and non-functional requirements
- If you have software engineering background it will be a plus
You know about:
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu)
- Public Clouds (Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform)
- Continuous Integration, Delivery & Deployments (GoCD, Jenkins)
- Cloud Orchestration, Automation & Service configuration (preferably Terraform and Ansible)
- Monitoring/Alerting (ELK, Cloudwatch, NewRelic, DataDog)
- Data Engines (SQL, NoSQL, ElasticSearch, Object Storage, Block storage)
- Scripting (preferably Python and Shell
- Knowledge of Container Orchestration and Containerization technologies (Kubernetes, Docker) is a plus
- Experience with agile methodologies (especially scrum) is a plus
What we have:
- Challenging and inspiring work environment
- Flat hierarchy where your voice will be truly heard
- Opportunity to initiate your own projects
- Experienced team which is ready to welcome you anytime
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive monthly compensation
- Apple gear
- Daily lunch
- Drinks at the Bynder Bar :-)
- Awesome office in the heart of Barcelona, next to the famous Plaza Catalunya