The Engineering team seeks a developer with a strong interest in building highly interactive, modern applications. We have open positions for someone to join the team and help set the new standard for distributed data analysis. We are looking for an engineer with experience in building scalable backend systems.
We require a proactive candidate who thrives in fast-paced environments and who wants to invent the future. The ideal person has solid experience in designing and implementing modern, interactive web applications based on a microservices architecture. Previous work with highly scalable, distributed cloud systems is a plus.
- Solid experience designing and implementing Java-based microservices and highly parallel applications
- Fluent with REST API design and implementation
- Proficiency with the Gradle build system
- Ability to write high-quality, efficient, and testable code
- Development experience with Micronaut & Groovy programming language
- Proficiency with Docker and related toolset
- Experience with Kubernetes deployment model and operations
- Experience with Elasticsearch and InfluxDB databases
- Understanding of how to deploy systems for cloud applications
- Knowledge of one or more cloud vendor services and APIs
- Experience with scientific data analysis workflows and execution engines
- Experience in bioinformatics and genomics
- A maintainer or a proven track of contributions to open-source software projects
Join our talented international team working from our seaside offices in Barcelona, just a few meters away from the beach in Poblenou, or make yourself a home from a remote location all over the world — flexibility is one of our key values.
As we scale, we constantly improve our in-office and WFH environments and learn to help everyone have the best setup for our company's success and your personal development, while keeping always the human touch in every aspect of our lives.
Starting with a highly competitive salary package, attractive employee equity, and a high degree of autonomy, we provide private health and life insurance, mental health support, and many other benefits including training, courses, and events.
By learning from and with each other, we ensure our ability to drive innovation and make better decisions in our mission. Most importantly, our culture provides a genuinely fun, inclusive, and challenging environment that will allow you to grow while making a huge difference in human health and beyond.
Seqera Labs is the leading provider of open source workflow orchestration software. We connect data pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and secure collaboration across life sciences, healthcare, imaging, and machine learning.
From personalized immunogenic vaccines to sequencing-based diagnostics, our customers are performing the most critical work on this planet. We believe in a future where scientific applications and massive datasets join forces to deliver for incredible outcomes.
Nearly 10 years ago, we created Nextflow frustrated with the challenge of developing and sharing analysis pipelines across the infrastructure. Along the way, we've defined a new approach to data pipelines with containerized workloads that make the cloud accessible to the next generation of developers, scientists, and engineers.
Driven by the Nextflow community — the conductors of our culture, principles, and products — we prioritized a seamless user experience, growing the open-source project from inception to thousands of active users. We are now supporting this unique, vibrant and global ecosystem of thousands of scientists and organizations in 187 countries.
The company has received backing from leading partners to expand the Nextflow vision, grow the team and take on the important challenges, on which our global health and prosperity depend. Today, we take our core principles and help customers with their own journey into data collaboration and compliance — at scale.