Verse is a venture-funded startup headquartered in Barcelona. We’re a global payments technology platform: our beautiful product lets people pay each other back instantly. And it’s working, people loves sending money with Verse and we’re evolving the way the world pays. Verse’s rapidly expanding global presence continues to revolutionize digital payments. If you want to have a huge impact on the world, this is the place to be!
Come and join the amazing talented team gathered at Verse from the most popular app companies around the globe!
What you will be doing:
You will be the owner of everything DevOps in the company, reporting directly to the CTO.
You will be in charge of the infrastructure powering all our services, consisting of Kubernetes clusters running on Google Cloud Platform.
You’ll also be in charge of the CI/CD pipelines, empowering the software engineering team to safely and quickly ship applications and microservices to production. You’ll maintain the cluster’s health and performance through monitoring, logging, careful capacity planning, and occasional troubleshooting when things go wrong. You’ll also ensure the systems’ security and integrity - our systems handle big amounts of money! With time, you’ll become the Kubernetes expert in the company, helping the software engineering and BI teams when they have trouble.
What you will bring:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in Linux system administration
- Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, firewalls, routing, VPNs) on Linux.
- Some programming/scripting knowledge, preferably Python or Go.
- Passion for troubleshooting challenging issues in distributed systems, and you’re not afraid of diving deep into how they work.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and/or the Calico network plugin.
- Experience setting up CI/CD pipelines to automate tests, deployments and other workflows.
Nice to have:
- Network security knowledge: Firewalling, WAF, IDS/IPS systems. Vulnerability management.
- Experience with logging and monitoring systems. Elasticsearch, Kibana, fluentd, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Istio Service Mesh
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code frameworks like Helm y/o Terraform
- Experience with database administration, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Excellent place to work
- Amazing offices in the city center of Barcelona
- Being part of a talented, multicultural and dynamic team
- Flexible working hours
- Healthy lunch, fresh fruit, juices, and coffee whenever you want
- Training / Events / Meetups budgets
- Stock Options
- Referral Bonus