Zinio is looking for the best and brightest minds in DevOps Engineering. Become part of an agile team of highly skilled and motivated individuals in our Barcelona office.
What you will be doing:
We are looking for someone 50% Dev and 50% Ops,
someone who can read and understand code but is also passionate about
systems to help us build, improve and scale up our hosted
infrastructure, ensuring service availability and service levels
expected of a world class IT company.
We’re an ambitious bunch and need someone experienced in large-scale web application deployments. Configuration management and security should be top of mind and rolling out globally redundant auto-scaling environments should excite you. If you’re up to the challenge of solving real-world problems for distinguished companies in an exciting start-up environment, we’ve got a great opportunity for you.
- Reporting directly to the Director of Operations in our Barcelona office.
- Managing all infrastructure deployments, both internal and cloud-based.
- Working with other system and database administrators to maintain the service levels of all systems.
- Managing servers, applications, and all internal software used by the company.
- Helping debugging apps when necessary.
- Supporting developers to define optimum workflows and architectures.
- Defining configuration management and deployment procedures, including post-release monitoring and risk analysis.
- Coordinating, planning and deployment of major software releases, feature enhancements and bug fixes with various development groups.
- Recovering applications in the event of a failure, and working on an on-call basis with other system administrators and developers.
- Working with the Operations team to complete capacity planning and scalability tests.
What we expect from you:
- Minimum of 3+ years relevant work experience.
- Good disposition to be on on-call duty at regular intervals.
- Fluent in English, the official company language.
- Strong Linux administration skills.
- Experience as developer with Java, PHP, Python or Go.
- Strong experience with highly scalable systems is preferred.
- Experience with Docker or container-concept highly valued.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS (Amazon), Rackspace or GCE.
- Experience with configuration management using Chef, Puppet, Ansible or any other configuration management tools.
It will also be highly valued if you:
- Have experience with CI and CD processes and tools, (Jenkins, GoCD)
Why you will love working with us:
- We are a technology company and we invest in technology!
- We lead our sector of activity and we are launching a new platform “from scratch”. We are facing very challenging new projects!
- Highly skilled Engineering team: knowledge sharing and learning from your colleagues is strongly encouraged and lived.
- Agile/ Scrum way of working and philosophy.
- You will be part of a multi-cultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
- We have a fun and friendly international work environment.
- Flexible working hours and availability to work from home.
We offer great benefits including:
- Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
- Team Building activities.
- Free fruit, coffee and tea.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
- Health Insurance Program.
- Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.
“Delivering innovative digital magazines on every device in every country”
Zinio brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device. As pioneer Zinio operates online newsstands and award-winning iOS, Android, Windows and Kindle apps in more than 30 languages, providing access to digital magazines which can be read online and offline on any platform. Zinio pro converts print magazines to digital content through Software as a service (SaaS) platform that transforms PDF to XML.
The company has delivered 500M digital magazine editions across more than 6k titles from 1.3k publishers in 200 countries to over 10M customers. Headquartered in NYC, the company has offices in San Francisco, Barcelona, London and Ho Chi Minh City.
If you are interested, please apply sending your motivation letter and CV in English with all data relevant to the position.