We are looking for an exceptional devops engineer to work on our complex architecture and operations. You will work closely with our team of software developers. Stream runs dozens of servers across multiple data centers and hosting providers. You'll report to our CTO and take responsibility for the overall stability, scalability and growth of our infrastructure.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- AWS experience, including but not limited to EC2, Cloudformation, S3, auto - scale, ELB
- Experience with Kernel and network based tuning for performance and stability
- Experience with scripting in Bash and Python highly preferred
- Systems knowledge within the Linux ecosystem
- Experience with Nginx web server technologies
- Good understanding of networking
- Experience with Puppet or configuration management tools
- Experience with distributed databases
- Experience with GCE and bare metal hosting
- Experience with Cassandra, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with Django
Our Amsterdam office is located in the TQ tech space in the heart of the city. It's a fantastic building with all the amenities you'd expect. There's a cafe upstairs, a shared lunch area and a sports room with table tennis and badminton.
Stream is a small, talented group of people who are passionate about innovating on an incredible product. We care about each aspect of product development, whether it’s design, data-science, development, scaling cassandra or the monitoring on our servers.
- Our offices are located in the centers of Boulder and Amsterdam.
- We offer stock options in addition to a competitive salary
- Everyone on the team has a say in operations, from office locations to benefits packages.
- We are starting an exchange program where employees spend a week in the sister office to get to know the whole team face-to-face.
- The team is highly technical and collaborative; which makes Stream a great place to learn and further your skills.
- You'll get to work on a hard problem that impacts millions of users with a team of experienced developers and designers, who value your work and expertise.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- You enjoy solving scalability challenges by thinking out of the box
and having a strong understanding of the underlying technology.
- You want to work at the core of technology that powers the feed for over 50 million end users.
- You understand that working at a startup is demanding; however, you like that you won't need to deal with layers of management to get things done.
- You are excited to be part of an exceptional team with years of experience in this domain.
Stream's technology already reaches millions of users, with your help we’d like to add a few zero’s to that number!