We’re looking for an ambitious DevOps Engineer who wants to become a catalyst for change to improve the overall performance and quality of our platform. If you’re passionate about great software development and care about the quality of your work and improve that of others, come join our team!
As DevOps Engineer you will work in a (organized) chaotic environment that requires you to stay focused and productive. You like to come up with new ways and best practices to increase the quality and maintainability of our infrastructure. You are responsible for a smooth implementation process without jeopardizing stability. You’re eager to improve existing programmable infrastructure (Infrastructure as Code) and good in working together with others in preventing bugs getting into our production environment. Your position is key in enabling the company to grow faster and you’re eager to grow with us!
• Staying up-to-date with the latest trends and practices
• Automating deployment and scaling of infrastructure
• Managing our (ever growing) MongoDB cluster
• Setting up metrics for analysing resource usage
• Finding new approaches to solve scaling issues
• Maintaining the quality of our platform and development processes
DESIRED SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
• An education in System & Network Engineering, Computer Science or similar;
• Basic understanding of Linux, AWS, and Docker;
• Knowledge of the following is a huge plus:
o Container orchestration (Kubernetes)
o Networking (ELB, VPC, OpenVPN)
o Monitoring (Prometheus)
o CI/CD (GitLab)
o NoSQL database (Elasticsearch, MongoDB)
• Fluent in English (written and spoken);
• We expect you to be curious with a hands-on mentality;
• Competences: problem solver, eye for detail, responsible, self-starter and a real team player.
• Opportunity to learn and explore;
• A competitive salary based on experience;
• Fun working environment within a great team;
• Discount on a gym subscription;
• Daily varied team lunches;
• Team weekends;
• Inspirational office located in Amsterdam West.
We started 6 years ago and have grown from a small start-up into an ambitious scale-up with nearly 30 employees. We have built a cloud-based energy management system that optimizes electric bus and truck operations. For this, we use the newest IT- technologies to build our scalable framework of microservices. Our ambition is high but the atmosphere in our team is informal and relaxed. Everyone feels responsible for our success and works with a high level of autonomy. Our office is armed with a foosball & Ping-Pong table and a ball pit resulting in hilarious Friday afternoon drinks. In our team of various nationalities we make sure everybody feels at home at our office in Amsterdam.
Ready to join us as DevOps Engineer?
Please have a look- and apply on our website. Deadline for application: October 31, 2018. The selection process may involve an assessment. More info? Just give us a call +31 20 771 78 17 or email Aniek Hartlief at email@example.com
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Note: Unfortunately, we do not offer relocation; EU candidates preferred.