What does a Solvineer do?
As a Devops Engineer you envision, implement, manage and improve the technology solutions Solvinity offers her clients. In this role you will work together with your colleagues to build and host business critical applications for leading customers. In this business Solvinity maintains a very high level of security on its platform as well as throughout the organization and services. This means you:
- Work with customers to understand their business drivers and design technology solutions that enhance them;
- Implement and manage client infrastructure and application environments from cradle to grave;
- Apply continuous improvement to existing client environments to reach ever increasing stability and efficiency;
- Research, advise and implement new technologies;
- Advocate and evangelize those you are passionate about to drive technology strategy change in the organization;
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation;
- Maintain and improve the security posture of internal and client technology environments;
- Mentor and lead more junior colleagues to provide them with the same opportunities;
- Perform daily proactive system management;
- Respond to and manage incidents to completion.
- Participate in standby and support services (24 × 7).
You manage increasingly complex DevOps projects that have a true impact on our customers. Additional professional development is generated through working with enterprise clients, software suppliers as well as your colleagues. We in turn will keep you on your toes with the latest courses and training.
This is you
- Bachelor educated or equivalent level of work experience;
- At least 4 years engineering experience as an engineer be it in a hosting or product context;
- Solid experience with system administration, be it Windows, *NIX or preferably both;
- You haven't lived in a silo, great with OS administration yet also very comfortable with virtualized networking, load balancing and storage components;
- You automate everything you can using Puppet, Ansible or Chef, which you've then integrated into a software development pipeline with version control and automated testing;
- You know virtualization back-to-front, have hands-on, real world, production experience with a public cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCE, Rackspace);
- You've tuned and tweaked a variety of databases (SQL and NoSQL variants) for performance and availability reasons;
- You speak and write English fluently, Dutch is an advantage;
- When you see an opportunity for improvement in a system you raise your hand, regardless;
- You are passionate about our industry and the technologies. You read and learn constantly, you attend meetups and conferences;
- You are driven, a self-starter, credible, reliable, creative and above all you have respect for others.
- You have a valid working permit for the EU.
Are we a match?
you like to convince us that we are? Then please call our recruitment
lead Emile Molenbeek. You can call him on 020 364 3600.
Strictly no agencies.