Talaia is a real-time network security and analytics platform that provides services to Telcos, Data Centers and enterprises from around the world. Our cloud based Big Data platform ingests, processes and enriches several million data records per second to provide an unparalleled network visibility and security feature such as DDoS detection and Mitigation in Terabit-per-second environments.
Our offices are in the center of Barcelona, and we offer a dynamic and motivating environment to work.
As a DevOps, you will be working in our engineering team to make sure that our services are ready for deployment and running properly in our cloud. Your main responsibility will be to setup and maintain our Big Data infrastructure running mostly on bare metal servers and VMs.
Our infrastructure is composed of various distributed components currently managed by the engineering team, which include an Apache Kafka cluster, a stream processing engine, a big data database, among others. Being the main DevOps you will be responsible of monitoring the reliability and performance of our existing components and of deploying and configuring new ones. You will have autonomy to introduce best practices and protocols (deployments, backups, configurations...) to improve reliability and agility.
This will cover the following points:
- Collaborative infrastructure development, testing, and evaluation.
- Improve and maintain our distributed monitoring and logging systems.
- Deploy new components for our Big Data architecture.
- Improve and maintain our continuous integration pipelines.
- Build deployment and configuration management automatizations.
- Provide documentation of infrastructure, deployment configuration, and best practices.
- Experience working in agile & continuous delivery environments.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) deployment (we use both Fabric and Ansible but we are open to alternatives).
- Experience with distributed systems (Kafka and Big Data pipelines is a plus).
- Strong background in computer networks and linux system administration.
- Attention to detail and polish.
Nice to haves:
- Software development experience.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Formal education in CS.
We offer competitive compensation, work flexibility, office amenities, an outstanding team to collaborate with and learn together, an amazing product and the dynamic environment of a fast growing startup.