Do you actively look to take on new challenges? Do you dream in PHP? Can’t you rest as long as your website is bug free? Are you able to work in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline driven environment?
Then we have the job for you!
Spotzer is a fast paced, rapidly growing, global digital marketing business. We specialize in websites of all sizes with a strong focus on Premium WordPress and websites built in web building platforms. Headquartered out of Amsterdam, we are serving tens of thousands small businesses across the world by building their websites, launching their paid search campaigns and creating power content.
We are looking for a WordPress Developer for our vibrant Amsterdam office. The successful candidate will be proud of their code capabilities and is capable of owning a project through all stages from concept to go-live. You will be comfortable with process and detail and agile enough to think on your feet or out of the box when needed.
- Building/ Modifying template and theme developments as well as Plug in and extension development from scratch
- Understand best practices and be able to work out and develop solutions based on uninformed and sometimes unclear briefs
- Maintain site appearance by developing and enforcing content and display standards
- Perform continual maintenance checks to ensure optimal site performance
- Perform browser compatibility assessments and testing
- Manage web project requests, including creating project plans, communicating plans to Cross Functional Teams, testing and quality assurance for new pages/features, and managing to project milestones
- Continuously find, follow, recommend, and implement WordPress best-practices that improve site performance, engagement, and conversion
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 2+ years of web development experience
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development, particularly WordPress
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites across different browsers and devices
- Experience with multisite, highly customized WordPress implementations
- problem-solving and analytical capacity, coupled with a pragmatic approach
- Team player
- Fluent in English with great communication skills
- Valid EU Working permit
What we offer
- Great central Amsterdam office
- An energetic and passionate team of colleagues
- Pizzas, Beers and other goodies
- Competitive salary
- 25 Days Holiday
Spotzer is an Equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements and you are inspired to join a dynamic, international company that is growing rapidly, we look forward to your application letter and resume.