Nexmo has built its successful global Support teams on individuals with technical savviness, superior customer relationship skills, and a passion for learning. We challenge our Support Engineers to provide a customer experience that leaves our users impressed, loyal and true advocates of our company!
As a Developer Support Engineer (WebRTC), you will provide first-class technical support to our rapidly growing strategic customer base, who rely on our real-time communication APIs and SDKs. You will also be responsible for driving and managing customer-related projects, initiatives and tasks for our strategic accounts, collaborating heavily with Sales and working closely with the rest of our Nexmo organisation.
What You Must Have Experience In
- 3+ years as a Support Engineer in the telecommunications or SaaS sectors
- IP-based real-time multimedia communication technologies and protocols including VoIP, SIP, RTP, WebRTC, Websockets
- Investigating and troubleshooting, SDK and API implementation issues
What You’re Great At
- Investigating, troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving technical issues related to IP-based network technologies
- Communicating effectively (both verbal and written) with our customers and internal stakeholders
- Problem solving, having a natural curiosity and demonstrating the ability to learn rapidly
- Capturing knowledge, for customers who prefer solving their own issues without having to contact support
What You’re Good At
- Demonstrating diplomacy in your interactions with customers and interfacing departments
- Adjusting your approach to an enterprise or digital native audience
- Following processes, unless customers are better served by breaking our rules or improving our processes
Qualities About You That Might Make our Decision Easier
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience supporting or integrating APIs or SDKs
- Knowledge of the telecommunication global carrier ecosystem
- Conceptual understanding of the principles of good software design
NEXMO... Who are we?
Founded in 2010, Nexmo is now the Vonage API Platform and remains a fast growing startup, with over 300 people employed across our San Francisco, London, Singapore and Hong Kong locations. Our expertise enables customers to embed communications capabilities into their applications without having to worry about the global fragmentation of networks and complex regulatory requirements. We offer the most advanced cloud communications platform to organisations who need to easily embed scalable and trusted communications-–APIs and SDKs for messaging, voice, chat apps and phone verification–into their applications and business processes. Nexmo enables enterprises to reimagine their digital customer experiences by providing them with the tools they need to easily communicate to their customers in real-time through text messaging, chat, social media and voice.
Industry leaders including Snapchat, Zalora, Uber, Telegram, Lazada, KLM, GrabTaxi, Airbnb, Alibaba and Daimler send millions of messages per month using Nexmo APIs.
Why Nexmo... Our values!
Getting things done, being committed to each other, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.