We are a rapidly growing start-up looking for a developer to help build, drive and scale our exciting international film discovery platform FilmDoo. We are looking for bright individuals who have the appetite for a start-up and willing to do anything that takes us to the next level of growth.
You should join us if you want to do something that’s never been done before and want to leave your fingerprint on something exhilarating! FilmDoo is growing so rapidly that it’s a great time to join the movement and help to connect the world through film!
FilmDoo is developing the next generation platform for people to discover films from around the world. It’s an exciting time and as a Founding Team Developer you will be at the forefront of the Company as we expand. We are looking for you to join our movement as a core team member.
What you will be doing:
You will work directly with our CTO in a distributed team and will be involved in all things development at FilmDoo. You will help to improve and further develop our web platform, which is built on bespoke PHP and MySQL,, including mobile responsive frontend and backend for public website and admin site as well as integration with native mobile apps in future. You will have the flexibility to also get involved in the business as we roll out new features and be involved in brainstorming how we enhance our UI/UX and features.
- Experience building and debugging complex web applications with PHP and MySQL
- Solid SQL skills
- Familiarity with social network integrations
- Having previously integrated at least one payment system
- Knowledge of one or more of these is a plus:
- Linux server administration
- MySQL performance tuning
- Advanced Google Analytics integration
- Exposure to any NoSQL database
- Exposure to Node.js
- Native iOS and / or Android development and / or web services development for these
- Data analysis / analytics
- A keen eye for superior user experiences
- Strong attention to detail, willingness to thoroughly test code, and follow source code control and documentation procedures
- 5+ years of experience in a commercial environment
You Should Share Our Company Values:
TEAM - We celebrate the successes and learn from the failures together
RISK - We are a startup and want keep the mindset of a startup as we grow the business
TRANSPARENCY - We value open and honest communication between our team members and have a flat hierarchy. As a Founding Developer you will be a crucial team player.
HUMOR – As the old saying goes ‘if we can’t laugh together…then what’s the fun in doing it together’
What we offer:
• Joining a fast developing UK tech startup with high goals
• Working as part of a truly multinational and energetic team with team members from Germany, France, Thailand, US, Britain, Belgium, Canada and Australia.
• The opportunity to play around with some really cool technologies
• Significant exposure to the film industry, which will include the possibility to attends events and activities.