Iguana Bus, a startup incubated by Barcelona Activa & WAYRA (Telefonica I+D)
Wanted – Growth minded developer
Start improving collective transports right away.
Young startup is seeking to hire developer to work with the technical co-founder and the rest of team.
We are a down to earth international team that dreams of having a global impact. We are building a win-win solution that makes “Bus rental easy”, trip organisers get a better service and bus companies make a better living.
We started the project in July, so you are joining at an early stage and have the opportunity to shape the culture and the technical stack of our solution. So far we are using Firebase as a back-end, AngularJS for the web app and Ionic for the hybrid-mobile Android and iOS app. Whether you have a long experience in these technologies or a strong interest we want to hear from you. At the beginning we expect on-site presence. Fluency in English and/or French would be appreciated.
To apply for the position please include the following elements:
- A writeup explaining who you are as a programmer. Sample questions you might want to address: What projects have you enjoyed working on? Which have you disliked? What motivates you? What surprising things have you learned about yourself since starting to program? Feel free to say as much as you want but keep it less than a page.
- A piece of code that does something you find interesting, and an explanation of why. (It doesn't have to be your own code.)
- Links to professional online profiles that you can share with us (GitHub, Twitter, StackExchange, etc)
- References if you can provide them.
- A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or a couple of paragraphs).
there are issues you would be particularly interested to work on,
please let us know (and tell us why!). We ask this to figure out how we
could mix you interests and strengths with the teams.
The recruitment process we plan to follow is:
- Initial phone call. The technical co-founder will pitch you the company and share his thoughts on the project and give you his hopes and dreams. In turn, he will expect you to give him your understanding of the project and - if it is the case - convince him you are interested and motivated by the project.
- Practical Challenges. We will invite you for a one to two hour interview at our offices with the technical co-founder. He has a backlog of issues he wants to address in different areas: web application, hybrid application, code refactoring, network security, operations. You will pick together which one you want to work on. The objective is more to see if there is a good fit when collaborating to solve an issue rather than solving the issue itself. You are expected to bring your laptop and will have an Internet connection during the process.
- Team meeting. At this stage we are confident you have the skills we need, we just want to make sure there is a good fit with the rest of the team.
- The offer. If everything went well till this stage, we will extend you an offer and hopefully will hire you.
About Iguana Bus