Moodle with us!
Have you heard of or know of Moodle? We're the world's open source learning platform and we are on a mission to empower educators to improve our world!
We have not one, but two opportunities for Senior PHP developers to join Moodle HQ in Barcelona. So if you are a developer who wants to work on varied and international projects, enjoy learning and being challenged, while having fun together as we advance our mission, read on!
Find out about your new workplace...
Moodle is an award-winning international open-source software project. We create the most powerful online learning platform that's used by schools, higher education institutions and workplaces globally!
Did you know Google, the United Nations, UK Government, US Defence Force, Open University and California State and Columbia Universities through to schools, perhaps in your local area, use our platform?
In fact we have over 100 million users and our platform is used in every country in the world!
Our team is mostly based in Perth, Australia and Barcelona, Spain. But we have colleagues all over the world too - Belgium, the UK, India, Canada, USA, The Czech Republic!
We are a hard working team because we believe in the ability of our platform to make a positive difference in our world. When you join us, you will hear stories how we are doing exactly that!
Lastly, we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace.
Find out more about us at https://moodle.com
Desired Skills and Experience:
What your new job can look like... Most days can involve a mix of:
- writing high quality code.
- designing and documenting the implementation of new features.
- reviewing code.
- writing automated tests.
- collaborating with other developers across multiple dev teams.
- contributing to the future direction of the Moodle software.
- ...and having a laugh with your team...
We'd love to meet you... Especially if you can talk to us about your:
- minimum 3 years programming experience in a medium to large scale development environment.
- good knowledge of web application security, performance and scalability.
- experience working with Web Services and RESTful applications.
- ability to organise your own workload in order to meet deadlines.
- awesome relationship management skills.
- enthusiastic and approachable personality.
- excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- fluency in both English and another language (preferably Spanish &/or Catalan)
Extra awesome if you can share:
- your exposure to Moodle architecture
- any contributions to open source projects
What's in it for you?
Besides the obvious that we've mentioned - a workplace where we really value our peers, and a caring, respectful, open and innovative workplace - what about:
- a competitive salary.
- a truly flexible working environment.
- a brand new office in central Barcelona.
- gaining new skills by learning from highly skilled peers.
- ability to work on challenging & internationally recognised projects.
- the knowledge you are helping millions of people reach their goals.
Does this all sound good? If yes...
- Click on the "apply now" button now!
- Add a cover letter, resume and anything else you'd like to add... in English please
- Press send.
No recruitment agencies please!