The successful candidate will be joining bound4blue’s core team in Rubí-Barcelona (Spain) and will be in charge of the product design and mechanical engineering tasks for wingsail design, manufacture and adaptation for several real integrations in real vessels (upcoming projects: integration of a 30 m wingsail unit in a 120 m dry-bulk vessel and a 20 m unit in a 60 m cargo vessel). The candidate will contribute to the implementation and sea trials of bound4blue’s wingsail system as member of the engineering team.
- Mechanical design (CAD) of components and full products up to detailed manufacturing design.
- Perform mechanical loads analysis with (analytical and FEM software)
- Create detailed drawings and parts lists
- Provide technical information to any department so entitled, i.e. electrical design, project, aerodynamics, etc.
- Proposal and implementation of improvement actions related to production, materials, safety, etc.
- New projects development
- Qualify means and processes, in plant but also in supplied location
- BSc or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or other related discipline
- Experience in mechanical design and engineering companies
- Experience in materials and manufacturing processes
- Excellent knowledge of CAD software (mainly Solidworks)
- Knowledge of CAE software (Ansys, Abaqus, etc.)
- Hands-on project involvement, exceptional engineering capability, and drive to solve challenging problems
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English (working knowledge of other languages is an asset)
- Able and willing to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial company
- Experience in static and dynamic structural analysis
- Experience in marine and shipbuilding industry
- Programming skills
- Spanish and English (Advanced level)
- Strong analysis and practical problem-solving abilities
- Oral, written and diagrammatic communication skills, with the ability to translate complex ideas into clear concepts
- Creativity, innovation and attention to detail