The Delivery Engineer at Aktana applies Aktana’s solution to client technical problems to maximize client value, using technical skills and knowledge to deliver operational impact.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in technical engineering design and systems configuration, and data modeling, calculations development and pipeline management. The Delivery Engineer is expected to tailor Aktana’s solution to each individual client’s problem or needs, creating the technical design and configuration to address defined business requirements. The role is critical to managing relationships with technical client stakeholders. The Delivery Engineer collaborates with the Delivery team to align business expectations with technical delivery to produce world-class solutions for our clients. A highly effective Delivery Engineer will leverage the full capabilities of the solution that meets our client’s business goals and expectations.
What you’ll own and accomplish...
- You will own the project technical workstream, ensuring that the final technical solution addresses and satisfies all business requirements.
- You will translate business needs into technical design and requirements.
- You will collaborate with client technical stakeholders to establish appropriate access to the client’s environment and to identify client’s data requirements.
- You will support initial investigation into the quality and content of client data sources in support of the technical design and development of business requirements
- You will establish the instance and technical environments for development, testing and deployment
- You will create the technical design documentation to reflect technical requirements needed for successful delivery.
- You will configure core functionality to meet client needs.
- You will create the data model and populate all needed data structures to ensure access to the right data to support data point development.
- You will design, build, and test the calculation of data points and client data transformations to support use case requirements, including documentation and code execution
- You will support testing and ongoing platform optimization efforts through effective data engineering and system configurations
- You will maintain metadata, including data dictionaries, for custom data points and data transformations
Key Performance Indicators:
- Successful timely completion of technical requirements documentation.
- Client satisfaction scores reflecting positive client engagement in delivery processes.
- Internal feedback from delivery team members reflecting effectiveness of technical requirements management, data pipeline development and datapoint development and overall system performance.
What you’ll need to be successful...
- You need 2+ years’ experience as a software developer/analyst or software tester.
- You need full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) knowledge or experience, from requirements to final rollout.
- You need proficiency with Relational Databases, such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, or Oracle, and comfortable working with relational data structures.
- You need the ability to design and identify relationships between multiple data entities (e.g. CRM, data warehouse, Aktana database)
- You need experience applying technical coding standards to a production product.
- You need credibility as a technical engineer with internal and client teams.
- You need good logic, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
- You need strong team working skills including excellent oral and written communication skills
- You need to be a self-starter - someone who is motivated by curiosity and is comfortable working in a dynamic environment with minimal direction.
You’ll really stand out if…
- You have experience with Jira, Git/ Bitbucket, Kettle, Gradle, Sourcetree, Pentaho, Rundeck, and/or other ETL tools or solutions.
- You have experience with Waterfall and/or Agile software methodologies.
- You have Veeva CRM knowledge or experience.
- You can engage non-technical audiences and bring the value of technical concepts in a simple and concise way
- You have experience working with clients in a technical support role
Why you’ll love working at Aktana…
Committed to client success and innovation, Aktana is at the forefront of transforming how life sciences companies share information with healthcare providers (HCPs). Our proprietary platform harnesses machine learning algorithms to enable marketing and sales teams to seamlessly coordinate and optimize multi-channel engagement with HCPs. Today, more than half of the top 20 global pharma companies are using Aktana for intelligent engagement.
Aktana is growing fast and looking for exceptional talent to join our team. We are committed to building a diverse workplace in which our employees are empowered to do their best work, and we strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We value hard work, transparency, and collaboration – and we like to have fun too! We are Great Place to Work Certified™, an honor given based on validated feedback from employees who report a consistently positive experience working at Aktana.
Headquartered in San Francisco, we have offices in Philadelphia, London, Barcelona, Tokyo, Osaka, Shanghai, Beijing, Chengdu, Bucharest, Pune, Sydney, and Sao Paulo.