Develop new network architectures, deploy cutting edge deep learning models, and design new ways of applying networks to understand visual scenes in real-time to double the pace of crucial scientific research. Build the future of how science is made, and deploy it in real laboratories.
V7 is a vision AI company, making Deep Learning Engineers amongst our key team members. Within this role you will be developing a system to double the pace of humanity's most important scientific research projects through vision models involving object segmentation, 6D object pose, and object detection algorithms. You will be collaborating with laboratories working on the cure for terminal diseases to deploy vision AI systems that can partially automate a scientist's workflow by visually understanding it, and cut our time to results in half. This product involves a combination of vision algorithms, sensor fusion, and hardware deployment in a next-generation laboratory setting where scientists and your software collaborate to discover cures. You will also perform experimental work on robotic manipulation both within synthetic and real environments. We *do not* operate within a radiology/medical imaging environment.
This is a full-time position in central London, joining a high caliber engineering team of 8.
- Extensive experience in deep learning from the underlying math to the ability to name and illustrate landmark papers from the past 6 months within the vision domain.
- A proven interest in computer science and strong portfolio of projects.
- Proficiency with Pytorch preferred.
- Evidence of individual contribution to challenging DL projects.
- A curious, scientific mind.
- Open to international travel for conferences, demos.
- Fluent in English
Perks & Benefits:
- Unlimited vacation, just tell us when you need time off.
- Paid tickets, accommodation, and travel to relevant conferences, nationally or internationally (NIPS, ICCV, CVPR, [...]) to expand your network & knowledge.
- Yearly 4-day company retreats in stunning locations.
- Central office in front of Victoria Station with standing desks & 4K monitors.
- Unlimited high-quality coffee, tea, snacks, and other comforts.
- An early presence in the company and the chance to have a lasting impact on our work, in a novel application of DL within one of the most impactful fields.