Aircall is a place where voices are valued.
Backed by over $220 million of investment since 2015, we create technology that fuels accessible, transparent and collaborative communication to empower our base of 12,000+ customers (and growing) to make authentic, human connections.
Conversation is a cornerstone of our culture. Wherever our people find themselves in the Aircall world – Paris, New York, Sydney, Madrid, London, Berlin, Tel Aviv, or at home – everyone has a voice that is valued.
Whatever your background, wherever you’re from – we want you to join the conversation. Let’s talk.
The Aircall Technology teams are composed of passionate engineers who are working on a pure cloud-native application composed of multiple services, in order to deliver great new features more fluently. By joining us, you will leverage your experience and expertise to bring Aircall to its next stage of evolution to delight our users and customers.
This means implementing massively scalable services, automating all systems operations, measuring, and continuously improving the service quality. While keeping Aircall on its hyperscale mission.
To achieve this goal, we are looking for talented Database Reliability Engineers and Senior Database Reliability Engineers in our Paris, Madrid and London offices or working remotely in France, Spain, UK and Portugal.
What your work day will look like:
- Operate our AWS Data Infrastructure composed of different services like RDS aurora (MySQL and PostgreSQL), Redshift, DynamoDB.
- Support and advise developers using database best practices as well as doing workload analysis and performance tuning.
- Collaborate with Developers and Architecture teams from the start of every project.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation.
- Perform scheduled maintenance.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- We embrace the motto “everything fails all the time”, so prepare for it when it arrives, with performance testing, regular chaos engineering and graceful degradation.
- Spread a SRE culture within Aircall teams.
- 🎓 5% of your time will be dedicated to learning and improving soft skills or technical skills!
What we are looking for:
- You are pragmatic, can challenge the status-quo, can work autonomously and are curious.
- You have strong experience with containerized environments.
- You have strong experience with the Amazon Web Services ecosystem.
- You have strong experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- You have experience with large scale, complex distributed systems.
- Understanding of non-relational data stores e.g. GraphDB or Elastic
- You have basic to strong NodeJS, Python or Ruby development skills.
- You have a good experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC), Terraform and Cloudformation.
- You are familiar with the Google SRE 4 golden signals and Twelve-Factor App methodology.
- Able to manage a backlog within a simple JIRA based Kanban board
- You are able to clearly communicate with a wide range of stakeholders (English language)
Our technical environment:
- Amazon Web Services: RDS, DynamoDB, AWS Backup, AWS Lambda, Athena, QuickSight, Lambda, SQS, Cloudfront, Cognito, ApiGateway, etc
- Monitoring with Datadog, Rollbar, Sentry
- Code: Gitlab & Gitlab CI
- IaC: Terraform, Cloudformation
- Various datastores : Aurora MySQL & PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, S3
- Containerization: Docker and K8S
Aircall is constantly moving forward. We’re building new roads to complete our journey, and we’re taking people with us who have the same builder mentality.
Let’s grow together: Aircall is a place for those who dare to be bold and seek responsibility, excellence, and the opportunity to push themselves to new heights.
We’re creating a place where great people trust one another and thrive together.
People flourish at Aircall and now is the time to be part of the team and the journey we’re on.
Why join us?
🚀 Key moment to join Aircall in terms of growth and opportunities
💆♀️ Our people matter, work-life balance is important at Aircall
📚 Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
🌍 45+ Nationalities: cosmopolite & multi-cultural mindset
💶 Competitive salary package & benefits
At Aircall, we believe diversity, equity and inclusion – irrespective of origins, identity, background and orientations – are core to our journey.
We pride ourselves on promoting active inclusion within our business to foster a strong sense of belonging for all. We’re working to create a place filled with diverse people who can enrich and learn from one another. We’re committed to ensuring that everyone not only has a seat at the table but is valued and respected at it by providing equal opportunities to develop and thrive.
We will constantly challenge ourselves to make sure that we live up to our ambitions around diversity, equity and inclusion, and keep this conversation open. Above all else, we understand and acknowledge that we have work to do and much to learn.