Our Infrastructure Story
As one of the fastest growing Online companies in Europe, we offer a unique opportunity for you, as a Database Engineer! We are rapidly expanding our Engineering teams to facilitate the tremendous growth of the company. As you can imagine, our website and infrastructure face numerous complex engineering challenges as a result of our continually increasing numbers of sellers and buyers (+14 million monthly visitors and counting). We’ve already implemented localisations 17 countries and will be expanding even further in the future.
That is why we need your help; we want to expand our team by introducing even more expert knowledge. Creating a solid engineering culture and using modern technologies are the key strategies we follow when developing Catawiki Platform.
Our infrastructure continues to scale across data centers and cloud providers emerging into a hybrid multi-tenant platform serving our teams and customers all over the world.
We are consistently improving velocity by applying automation across the whole technology stack and we use modern methodologies to design reliable and scalable systems. Sharing knowledge and implementing conventions and frameworks are crucial steps we follow toward empowering everyone and scaling Engineering beyond limits.
You’ll work in versatile teams equipped with open-source tools and cloud services like Ansible, KVM, Prometheus, ELK, GCP & AWS on challenges across the whole development life-cycle enabling everyone with systems we use and rely on.
What you will do
- Automating database management systems
- Active monitoring and troubleshooting of database infrastructure
- Providing knowledge and support for across development teams
Who you are
A MySQL (Oracle / Percona / MariaDB) database engineer with good communication skills and a minimum of 3 years of experience in database or systems administration. You have:
- Extensive experience in MySQL administration
- Experience in benchmarking, performance tuning and capacity planning;
- Strong skills in building and maintaining replication topologies
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Automation mindset and experience with automation tools (preferably Ansible)
- Awareness of different storage technologies and network protocols
- Good knowledge of Linux and scripting tools
- Knowledge of other database technologies (PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, InfluxDB, …)
- Worked on high-traffic websites (preferably)
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe's fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. In addition, we will make sure you have relocation package and a soft landing, should you have to relocate to the Netherlands. Additionally, you can expect:
- 25 days Paid holiday & holiday allowance
- The Catawiki pension plan (no contribution from the employees, so Catawiki is paying for the whole pension plan)
- Excellent opportunities for career development
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.