Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating unforgettable experiences - from city breaks, hotels and holidays to theatre and spa days. lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, "whatever makes them pink".
lastminute.com is part of lm group, a publicly-traded multinational Group, among the worldwide leaders in the online travel industry. Each month, our websites and mobile apps (available in 17 languages and 40 countries) reach 43 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences.
More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to providing our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel-related products and services
lastminute.com is looking for a technical leader to join Datastore Engineering team. The job is open to full remote working and to onsite working.
- As Datastore Engineer we are responsible for the availability, performances,monitoring, and incident response of company databases running on multiple environments mainly based on MySQL, including also others datastore technologies
- Responsible for installation, configuration, monitoring, upgrading and maintaining complex databases in production and non-production environments
- collaborate with developers in defining optimal database architecture, optimizing SQL queries
- Root cause analysis of database related issues
- Create, support, and maintain business continuity and disaster recovery practices such as backup and recovery processes and implementation of high availability features
- Manage tracking, alerting, and reporting of database servers
- Collaborate directly with the Platform Engineering Managers in order to contribute and lead projects part of the company roadmap
- Proactive propose datastore technologies innovation
- Manage priorities based on business needs
- Act as mentor of the team
- Plan and ensure the teammates growth
- Minimum 4 years of experience with MySQL administration, performance tuning and optimisation (at InnoDB engine level), replication in master/master and multi slave environment
- Knowledge of Mysql HA solutions (ex. Galera Cluster) and related traffic balancing methods.
- Familiar with Linux OS (specifically, CentOS) and able to use the OS tools to investigate performance issues
- Familiar with Cloud providers (ex. AWS/GCP) and related managed services like Amazon RDS
- DevOps methodologies and basic knowledge of at least one Configuration Management tools
- Ability to write shell scripts in order to automate maintenance task
- MySQL Backup and Recovery experience and concepts other than mysqldump
- Experience managing monitoring and alerting for MySQL using tools such as Graphite/Grafana, Nagios, Prometheus.
- Working experience in an Agile Environment would be a plus.
- NoSQL MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, RDS, Elasticsearch Redis would be a plus
- Kubernetes knowledge would be a plus
- Proactive attitude, strong teamworking, communication and collaboration skills
- Leadership attitude and menthal flexibility
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal skill is a must
- Good spoken and written english