Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-ordering platform. Our awesome international team already operates in over 40 countries worldwide to ensure hungry customers get the fastest way to their favorite takeaway food. The company has grown from its inception in 2011 to become the World's largest food-ordering networks. This is an exciting time for Delivery Hero with a huge and rapid amount of growth in countries, market size and opportunities. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, innovative and good at "getting things done". You will play an active role in our future - an exciting job and a workplace in the heart of Berlin is waiting for you!
As Germany’s leading online food delivery portal, we’re generating huge amounts of data and are looking to better leverage this to improve our service. You will be part of our German Data team, but the position is to cooperate closely with our Global DWH team to build and maintain a new Data Warehouse for Germany.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining a business facing data warehouse that will support our company's commitment to analytics and a data-driven business philosophy.
- Designing, implementing and maintaining batch, near time and real-time data processing pipelines and analytical workflows
- Communicating with different teams regarding coding consistency and data availability (notably the Global DWH team, the DBA team and the Marketing Tech team)
- ETL and data sync processes for cleaning and structuring data.
- Loading data from various 3rd party tools, e.g. Google Analytics (BigQuery), Adwords, Adjust, etc.
- Documenting work done to enable knowledge sharing
- Proactively come up with suggestions on how the team can leverage new technologies and architectures to improve the data platform or new methodologies to improve the team performance.
Your heroic skills:
- 2+ years data engineering experience
- Highly passionate about engineering and the possibilities of using big data tools to improve businesses
- Creative problem solving abilities and an eye for detail
- Independent and rigorous working style
- You are a team player and love to think outside the box
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of developing in Python
- Experience with AWS, Redshift (Postgres)
- Some experience of Talend (legacy that we’re moving away from) is also desirable
- Experience with setting up database development, including data warehouse design and ETL
- Good English communication skills
We offer you:
- Constant opportunities to grow and develop your skills
- Nice work environment and English as a working language.
- For applicants from abroad: we offer free German lessons.
Are you up for working in a dynamic team with people from 40 different countries? Great! Please apply with complete documents in English - including CV and cover letter.
About Delivery Hero