Founded circa 2012 in Barcelona, Typeform was founded by two designers: David Okuniev and Robert Muñoz. Their mission? Make online forms a little more human. Today, Typeform works on the future of online forms. Powering your brand’s interactions with beautifully designed, professional-looking online forms that people just love. Create forms, surveys, quizzes (and so much more) to grow your audience, improve just about anything, and validate (or invalidate) your best ideas.
The most important interaction on the web is the exchange of information between a brand and its audience. And that exchange usually happens through online forms. We believe that even a utility like online forms should be remarkable. Our customers say they get more answers from their audience and even the occasional compliment. Make every interaction count.
Typeform is a team of over 300 people representing over 30 countries. We have offices in Barcelona, Spain and in San Francisco, United States.
About the Team
At Typeform, the Data team is making data our #1 asset. And we know how important that is— our product helps people collect information in the best way possible, by making it conversational.
That’s why we need you. Within the Insights Enablers team your mission is to Speed up Typeformers' decision-making by providing reliable data that's easy to consume. We envision a team in which we are all deeply involved with the business, working together with our top stakeholders to meet their needs for data discovery.
About the Role
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Maintain & evolve our data warehouse, ensuring that its data is easily accessible, reliable & accurate by designing data quality processes
- Participate in the design of the technical and information architecture for the data warehouse. Develop plans to access all relevant data.
- Create data models, applying business logic to data. Evaluate all proposals and requests to improve the structure of the data warehouse.
- Coordinate with other Data Warehouse stakeholders to ensure overall health and performance of the data warehouse environment. Design, develop, test, monitor, manage, and validate data warehouse activity. This includes defining standards for the data warehouse as well as troubleshooting ETL processes and resolving issues effectively.
- Lead critical, company-wide, projects and coordinates technical work. Examples included MRR modelling and attribution. Develop and implement various work plans for projects.
- Keep the team up to date with emerging tools and methodologies
- Assist in the evaluation, selection, testing, and optimization of business intelligence/data warehouse related hardware and software products.
- Mentor data scientists on data warehouse and ETL best practices. Work with them to translate business questions and requirements into data models. Supervise SQL development within the team.
- Define cross-team processes for data warehouse development, such as code reviews.
Here’s what we’re after:
- You are an experienced Data Architect, Analytics Engineer, Business Intelligence Developer, Consultant, or similar.
- You’re an ace at data modeling, accustomed to designing and implementing complex architectures with a constant eye on their future evolution while taking into account the needs of multiple users.
- You Continuously find ways to derive more value in our raw data and lower the amount of effort our end users spend on getting answers. (Something that is related to our mission statement)
- You are proficient with one or more BI stacks (ETL & Visualization).
- You have proper DBA skills, with which you should ensure high standards in DWH data accessibility, integrity, security & performance monitoring.
- You can take a complex concept and make it sound simple. You’re accomplished at orienting business users within the data domain, understanding their needs, and translating them into technical requirements to ultimately design effective data solutions.
- You can code SQL in your sleep, optimizing queries for performance, scalability, and ease of maintenance.
- You have experience integrating data from multiple sources including DBs, product tracking, and APIs. You get excited by seeing your jobs run like clockwork.
- The word impossible—given the appropriate time and resources, of course—does not compute.
- You’re hungry to learn and embrace healthy debate.
- You’re fluent in English and eager to work in a multicultural, international environment.
And for some added bonus points:
- Experience with dbt
- Experience with Looker
- Experience with AWS Redshift or other distributed systems (Hadoop, Vertica, Exasol, etc.).
- Experience in web analytics and web tracking, and event based analytics tools like Amplitude.
- A strong interest in analytics, data science, statistics and machine learning.
It'd be amazing if:
- You've got extended experience working in the SaaS industry.
- You've worked in a company that's committed to fast growth.
- You're proficient with Looker.
- You have some experience with Scala/Java.
- You've got working knowledge of Big Data technologies (e.g. Spark).
- You have experience with cloud systems.
Think you’re a good fit? Hit apply—success might be just around the corner 😉
*Today, more than 3M people from all over the world use Typeform. We celebrate the diversity of our customer base, and we want our employees to reflect those differences. At Typeform, we’re committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We strive to be a more equal opportunity workplace.