What will you do in Social Point?
As a Development Tools Engineer you will build the sharpest tools to provide our game developers, game designers, artists and game testers with the best assistance they need to excel in their work. You will contribute designing, developing and tweaking meaningful tools that will provide your teammates with invaluable help and will allow them to focus in their jobs. You will work closely to other awesome professionals and will empower the workflow of their processes providing them with productive solutions for their needs.
This is you
Professional, passionate about video games, problem solving, proactive, team worker, rigorous and detail oriented. You are smart, creative and practical at the same time. And of course, you enjoy providing to your teammates the right tools they need to shine in their work.
You also have
- Multidisciplinary skills and self-taught.
- Ability to understand and adapt to existing code, and learn new concepts easily.
- Programming knowledge: Correct use of object-oriented structures, patterns and error handling.
- Motivation for learning new technologies (we have to use the technology best suited for each job!)
- Desire to create meaningful tools for your teammates.
- Extensive knowledge of Google Apps
- Ability to add interoperability between GAS to import/export data from/to other systems/services in either XML, JSON or other transport formats
- Capacity of analyzing a process and reengineer it
- Knowledge on spreadsheet formulas, formatting
- Ability to extract meaningful data, and displaying it for reporting
- Knowledge on statistics
- Notions on User Experience knowledge
- Detection of workflow bottlenecks
- Representation of data (UI)
- Reducing friction of user interoperability and smooth the learning curve of processes
- Knowledge on data analysis
- Python programming knowledge
As a SocialPointer you will enjoy...
About Social Point
Social Point is headquartered in beautiful Barcelona. Our team is made up of more than 200 super talented Social Pointers of many different nationalities, who share a common goal: to set the standard in social gaming, and delight players.
In february 2017 all spanish newspapers broke the news that we had been acquired for €230m by Take Two, the maker of Grand Theft Auto, marking an unprecedented success story in the spanish gaming ecosystem.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!