FilledThis offer is not available anymore
The Barcelona Supercomputing Center - Centro Nacional de Supercomputación (BSC-CNS) is the leading supercomputing center in Spain. It houses MareNostrum, one of the most powerful supercomputers in Europe, and is a hosting member of the PRACE European distributed supercomputing infrastructure. The mission of BSC is to research, develop and manage information technologies in order to facilitate scientific progress. BSC combines HPC service provision and R&D into both computer and computational science (life, earth and engineering sciences) under one roof, and currently has over 500 staff from 44 countries.
Look At The BSC Experience
BSC-CNS YouTube Channel
Let's stay connected with BSC Folks!
Context And Mission
We are looking for candidates with a technical background who will become part of the Operations Department of the Center and participate to the activities of the BSC data management team.
- Implement software solutions to manage scientific data according to the requirements specified in the data management plans.
- Work with BSC researchers to ensure the appropriate implementation of standards and methodologies for data management.
- Contribute to build up and maintain services like digital identifiers, data permissions and access, data catalogues.
- Monitor application of data protection and security rules.
- Degree in Computer Science, Physics, Software Engineering, Mathematics or related disciplines.
- Essential Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Around 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (transfer, storage, analysis, distribution, exploration, etc.).
- Proven experience in working with large datasets and distributed file systems: SQL, databases and metadata management.
- Proven experience in UNIX/LINUX environments and scripting languages.
- Additional Knowledge and Professional Experience
- Experience designing and/or implementing GUIs and web interfaces would be a plus.
- Knowledge in computing skills such as C/C++, Java, Python.
- Knowledge of distributed computing (HPC/HTC/Cloud).
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Ability of analytical problem solving.
- Ability to work under set deadlines and pressure.
- Ability to work independently and in a team to complete tasks on schedule.
- Enthusiasm for working in a scientific research environment.
- The position will be located at BSC within the Operations Department
- We offer a full-time contract, a good working environment, a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructure, flexible hours, extensive training plan, tickets restaurant, private health insurance, fully support to the relocation procedures
- Duration: Temporary - 1 year renewable
- Salary: we offer a competitive salary commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate and according to the cost of living in Barcelona
- Starting date: ASAP
All Applications Must Include
- A motivation letter with a statement of interest, including two contacts for further references - Applications without this document will not be considered
- A full CV including contact details
The vacancy will remain open until suitable candidate has been hired. Applications will be regularly reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
BSC-CNS is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or any other basis protected by applicable state or local law.
Barcelona Supercomputing Center company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.