Synaptiv is revolutionising the connected car industry, leveraging the data streamed off vehicles to build a host of innovative services which deliver unique insights around around real time weather, hyperlocal air pollution monitoring, driver behaviour and road quality assessment. We are pioneering the use of Big Data to solve real world problems, helping our customers to dramatically transform their business.
Synaptiv is backed by InMotion, the venture capital fund of Jaguar Land Rover. We have built a sophisticated cloud mobility platform that pulls in large volumes of real time data from vehicles and leverages advanced data science techniques to power actionable insights and unique services.
We are now looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our talented team. You will take our analytics capabilities to the next level, helping us discover the information hidden in our vast dataset, using your skills to unlock insights that we can sell to our customers.
We’re looking for an exceptional talent who is motivated by a challenge. If you have a passion for data, are naturally curious, and have problem solving in your DNA, this could be the role for you.
- Apply statistical analysis and machine learning techniques to build high quality insights and prediction systems
- Work with industry experts to deliver ad-hoc projects and product prototypes
- Build visualisations to help non-technical stakeholders understand impact
- Set strategy and work closely with founders
Who we’re looking for:
- A detail oriented scientist with good communication skills
- Demonstrated experience using Spark, Python, R, Scala, or similar tools for data analysis, structuring, transforming and visualising big data
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Experience with geospatial, telematics and/or vehicle data is a bonus
- Experience with streaming analytics is a bonus (Kinesis, Kafka or similar)
- A self-starter who takes ownership to make things happen
- Collaborative, willing to constantly learn and make others better
Type of background you’re from:
- Data scientist in a start-up
- Post grad or academic with heavy use of statistical analysis
- Big data research or consulting
- Be part of a mission-driven, venture-backed startup solving real world problems
- Flat hierarchy with autonomy over role and flexible working hours
- Access to world-class mentors to help you develop your skills
- Competitive salary with equity
If you think you have what it takes then we want to hear from you. So, if you’re excited by the opportunity then apply online now!