We are looking for a Data Science Generalist, with experience in Optimization, good programming skills, and business-oriented.
At Nextail, we empower retailers to create better experiences while using fewer of the world's resources. Nextail’s cloud-based platform uses artificial intelligence, prescriptive analytics, and optimization to deliver agile merchandising decisions. To date, we’re backed by more than $12M in funding from leading venture capital investors and are working with global retailers like Versace, River Island, and Pepe Jeans.
Data Science at Nextail
The DS Team is part of the Product Team, our goal is to multiply the impact of our product on the business. Data Science Techniques, AI, ML, Optimisation, Simulation, Visualization, are the tools we always have at hand when we face a problem, but we will never use them in vain. We work together with Product Managers, Developers, Data Engineers, and Business Experts to solve the end-to-end problem.
We are business-focused, we get into the skin of our customers, we learn to talk their language, we feel their pain and their joy.
We believe in Data Ops, and Agile Data Science methodologies, in adding value fast, keeping things simple, and iterating to improve while the effort is worth it. Life is short, our time is gold, we automate, we prioritize, we ensure focus, we carefully choose our objectives to be sure to achieve them.
Our job is not finished when the model and the end to end solution is in production, or after the change management and operational details are closed, not even when we have strong evidence that the solution is solving the user problem and she is satisfied, because after that we continue monitoring our models.
We are scientists, empiricists, we measure the impact in the business, we progress with small steps, one at a time validating hypotheses at the lowest cost. We are humble, we never know enough, we embrace uncertainty, we are all the time learning from the wise and the data.
We listen carefully to the business experts, and to our DS pairs and make sure we understand each other, we validate every assumption and hypothesis both with them and with the data, we are always thirsty for feedback and validation.
The discussion between pairs, working together, challenging each other, is the fastest way to solve a problem and to grow as a Data Scientist. We have a culture of sharing, transparency, meritocracy, caring, and trusting each other.
- High flexibility: We’re strong believers that what matters most are results. Each Nextailer is empowered, through trust and ownership, to organize their time as they see fit without jeopardizing the time or work of their colleagues.
- Remote-first philosophy: Nextail started as a remote company and continues to offer a nice mix of remote and/or office-based environments around the world.
- International environment: We operate across the globe, with recent operations reaching from Europe all the way to Australia, and our team alone consists of professionals of more than 15 different nationalities. While many of us are multilingual, our working language is English.
- Diversity on all levels: United as a single team, we celebrate diversity at every dimension*. Professionally speaking, are you ready to work alongside tech geniuses, data science magicians, and fashionistas? You’ll have teammates with extensive experience in a wide variety of professional fields, including technology, retail, consulting and entrepreneurship.
- The laptop of your choice: We want you to work with the tools that are most comfortable for you!
- Flexible compensation plan: We offer a fixed + variable salary as well as company equity as we progress towards our Series B fundraising round.
Strong Mathematical Background: statistics, probability, operations research
Knowledge of optimization techniques, specific libraries, and solvers
Understanding and modeling business problems by talking to customers and business experts with no math background.
Mathematical modeling and solving business problems
Building the metrics and KPIs that will guide our progress
Designing and making experiments to validate hypotheses.
Analyzing, understanding, and cleaning the data, extracting Insights.
Communicating complex things in a simple way. Talking the business language.
True interest and good skills in programming
Ability to deep dive and do research to find the state of the art for applied math problems.
- Significant experience working as a Data Scientist building solutions for business problems.
- Solving business decision optimization problems
- Experience applying machine learning techniques to business problems
- Experience with time series forecasting
- Object-oriented programming ideally with Java
- Programming with python
- Working with Databases, SQL
- Building data pipelines
- Basic knowledge of version control tools git.
*Nextail is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To all recruitment agencies: Nextail does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Nextail employees or any other organization location. Nextail is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.