eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular and charter flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 17 million customers it serves across 44 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are now looking for a Data Scientist to join our Metasearch team in Marketing department. The role will be based in Barcelona, Spain and will report to the Group Metasearch Director.
Do you want an intellectual challenge in one of the most talented Online Marketing departments in Europe? Join us to help the biggest European Online Travel Agency maintain its leading position on the Metasearch / Price Comparison marketing channel and maximize its ROI.
The Metasearch / Price Comparison channel is a fast paced and growing area. Competition is fierce and innovation and insight are the key levers for success. As part of the team you will deliver the information and tools needed to maintain ODIGEO’s edge in this market. Your impact will be significant and your learning & development potential massive!
The Data Scientist will be in charge of our huge datasets with the remit to develop, test and implement algorithms that will maximize profitability. The successful candidate will work on building automation within the team to deliver greater productivity.
He/she will work with our Marketing IT team, leveraging agile methodologies to improve API functionality and efficiency, and with our Revenue Optimization team, to deliver greater profitability through this channel.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Optimizing revenue and profitability of the Metasearch and Affiliation marketing channel.
- Building reporting formats and models in order to have a detailed view of Metasearch performance and profitability at the most granular level.
- Work on the ODIGEO Metasearch management tool:
- Build in a dynamic revenue and ROI model.
- Build in performance indicators and dashboarding.
- Work on marketing data in order to run some analysis on marketing channel interaction, attribution model optimization.
- Work with revenue team in order to test relevant pricing rules.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, etc.). Master’s degree preferable.
- 2-3 years of proven experience in Business Analysis or Data Science roles.
- Proficiency in R programming (1-2 years experience).
- Experience in at least one additional programming language (C++, Java, Python, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge in SQL.
- Experience in developing Reporting Dashboards (Ideally Shinny).
- Experience in BI tools at user level (QlikView, Microstrategy, OBIEE).
- Good knowledge of data mining techniques.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Commercial sense/intelligence plus excellent communication skills – ability to make the complex understandable to the wider stakeholder audience.
- Previous experience in Metasearch / Price comparison would be a plus.
- Fluent in English.