Ryanair is Europe’s favourite airline, operating more than 1,800 daily flights from 85 bases, connecting over 200 destinations in 33 countries on a fleet of over 371 Boeing 737 aircraft. Ryanair has orders for a further 293 new Boeing 737 aircraft, which will enable Ryanair to lower fares and grow traffic from 119m this year to 200m p.a. in FY24. Ryanair has a team of more than 10,000 highly skilled aviation professionals delivering Europe’s No.1 on-time performance, and has an industry leading 30-year safety record.
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to work in a multi-disciplined team, working alongside Developers, Designers and Product Owners, who will own their work from the initial idea to the final implementation. The role will also involve mentoring junior members of the team who have an understanding of the area, but may need to lean on a more experience colleague from time-to-time. The role will allow for opportunities to work in a variety of areas such as digital, logistics, predictive maintenance, and anything else that you may think of, or that will come your way.
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience (e.g., as a statistician / data scientist)
- Professional experience in working with large, complex data sets from data processing to using mathematical techniques to build a predictive model.
- Experience using probability distributions and applying Bayesian techniques.
- Proven track record of being able to deliver insight with the ability to visualise and explain a model to a target audience.
- Technically capable across a range of technologies (Python, R, Java, SQL etc)
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with Anomaly Detection or Time Series Analysis a plus.
- Experience working with Hadoop (HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hive) or Cloud (e.g AWS).
Our tech stack includes (but isn’t limited to):
- MS SQL Server 2016
- QlikView, Tableau, Power BI
- Hadoop (HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hive, Cloudera).
- Java, Python, Scala, R
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda, EMR, RedShift), Docker, Elastic Search, Kibana)