As a Data Scientist, you will evaluate and improve Smart Protection’s products. This position will bring scientific rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of product creation, development, and improvement with an appreciation for the behaviors of the end-user. Research applications span many areas including our personalization algorithms, content classification, and search optimization among others.
To reinvent an industry, you must build the best team, and that is exactly what we are doing!
Are you passionate about solving great challenges through technology? If you are excited about shaping the future of technology, please keep reading, you are going to love this.We are looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing. Are you passionate about massive scalability and making our excellent technology available in international markets? Do you want to make meaningful contributions to Smart Protection’s success?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we want to talk with you. We believe that people are of the most important assets to Smart Protection and because of that, we foster an environment that is welcoming to diverse perspectives.
The schedule? Pretty flexible, just get done with all you have to do, go home and relax (we will need you back the next day, we go all in...)
What You Will Do
- Work closely with our product and tech team to build a better understanding of the usage of data at Smart Protection.
- Your mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights, and get a deep understanding of the world of digital piracy and counterfeits.
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive product decisions.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of Smart Protection’s products.
What You Will Need
- Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
- Work experience in data analysis & data science related fields. You value the use of data and visualizations to tell the story behind the data and level up the future development of our products through these insights.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., Python, R), database languages (e.g., SQL) and Machine Learning techniques such as trees algorithms (Random Forest, XGBoost, LightGBM) , NLP (LSTM, LDA) or clustering techniques.
- Applied experience with machine learning on large datasets in a data scientist position. You can describe your Machine Learning projects in a STAR’s approach: Situation, Task, Action and Result.
- Have demonstrated real experience with hands-on statistical modeling. You possess deep knowledge about how machine learning works and you are capable of translating it into general language.
- Love working on a team where you constantly learn, experiment, and iterate quickly.
- Have a systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with effective communication skills and a sense of drive.
- Ability to adapt and focus on the simplest, most efficient & reliable solutions.
- You’re passionate about what you do and embrace diversity and humbleness.
Extra valuable skills
- You have participated in a Datathon or Hackathon competition. Kaggle is a gold standard.
- You have a clean Github repository where we can check your code and Machine Learning projects.
- You feel comfortable with Deep Learning concepts: Attention, GAN, BERT, GPT-n, EfficientNet, YOLO, among others.
What do we offer?
- A continuously growing Spanish scale-up within a global playing field
- 23 different nationalities within an ambitious and always smiling team
- A lot of learning and development opportunities within a dynamic tech company in the purest Silicon Valley-style and regular online training with our Smart Campus.
- The possibility of making a serious impact on our product
- The opportunity to execute and implement your own ideas and initiatives
- Flexible schedule around 09:00 to 18:00 from Monday to Thursday and on Friday around 09:00 - 15:00, also remote work from home.
- And of course, a competitive salary
What’s it like to work at Smart Protection
- Smart Protection is an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
- If you want to grow professionally and personally, meet new people, learn from the best professionals and work in a Spanish scaleup with clients all over the world, then we are waiting for you!
- Flexible remuneration: restaurant tickets, transport tickets, healthcare, and childcare.
- All the gear you need.
- Regular fun team events.
- And last but not least...free coffee, fruits & tea!
About Smart Protection
Ip Protection & Cybersecurity