We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our AI Products Team and help us evolve our in-house state-of-the-art Artificial Intelligence Review Assistant (AIRA)
Your main focus will be developing cutting edge machine learning (ML) algorithms for a variety of applications with focus on natural language processing (NLP) and recommender systems. You will work together with product owners, ML engineers and data engineers in order to build ML products that can advance Frontiers’ business.
- Development, optimization and evaluation of ML models and pipelines
- Technological review of data science solutions and communication to management
- Proactive identification of opportunities for potential products within Frontiers
- Effective collaboration with product managers and business stakeholders in order to understand and support their needs
- Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or similar
- Demonstrable experience in ML prototype development
- Experience in ML techniques such as linear/logistic regression, artificial neural networks, random forest, boosting, SVM, k-nn and k-means
- Experience in NLP techniques such as bag of words, text embeddings, LSTMs and transformers for text classification/retrieval
- Experience in recommender systems, collaborative filtering and graph representation learning
- Proficiency in Python, including its data/statistical/NLP packages (e.g. NumPy, SciPy, pandas, scikit-learn, spaCy, HuggingFace transformers, AllenNLP)
- Experience with deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, Keras, Tensorflow)
- Willingness to share and adopt best work practices on a common codebase (Python packaging, version control, pull requests, testing, continuous integration)
- Experience with SQL
- Familiarity with big data platforms (e.g. Spark, Azure Databricks) is a plus
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, and creative problem solving
- Accustomed to fast-paced environments with simultaneous, high-priority tasks
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences (fluency in English is a must)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holidays + 4 well-being days
- Participation in the annual company bonus scheme
- Access to the latest equipment
- Extensive learning opportunities through our Pluralsight and LinkedIn Learning partnership
- English classes.
- Flexible retribution scheme (nursery cheques, restaurant pass, transportation).
- Team building/sport activities and monthly social events.
- Lots of opportunities to work with exciting technologies and solve challenging problems.
Who we are
We are on a mission to make science open so everyone can live healthy lives on a healthy planet
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and leading open access scholarly publisher. We are one of the largest and most cited publishers globally. To date, our 200,000 freely available research articles have received more than 1 billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals span science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering, and sustainability and we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so more researchers can publish open access.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming workplace. Recruitment is free from discrimination – including based on race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different nations, our diversity creates vibrant teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.