We are looking for a talented and creative Data Scientist passionate about pushing the boundaries of games analytics within the Marketing Science Lab team located in our Barcelona office.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to improve the experience of King’s 300 million+ players across our network of games, and help us to further understand, model, predict, segment, monetise and retain those customers, then this may be the right opportunity for you.
You will play a key role in the Marketing Science Lab team within the Network Analytics and Network Management department, participating in innovative projects with the goal of providing robust and scalable solutions to automate marketing functions and to characterize and anticipate the behaviour of our players.
- You will understand current marketing activities, identify which areas are suitable to be automated, design and implement PoC solutions
- You will integrate different solutions potentially involving different technologies and levels of complexity
- You will implement scalable segmentation and prediction pipelines to model our players’ behaviour
- You will dedicatedly develop new analyses, experiments and data-driven tools to better understand our players’ behaviour and the performance of our marketing activities
- You will provide on-going reporting and performance monitoring from multiple data sources
- You will develop an analysis strategy and perform analysis of complex scenarios, both systematically and on a one-off basis
- You will translate business needs to technical requirements and implementation
- You will play a key role in the technology driven Marketing Science Lab department at King
Skills to create thrills
There is plenty of scope at King for you to learn from your colleagues in the areas where you have less experience, and to share your own skills where you are stronger.
Specific factors that are helpful to excel in this role include:
- Business Insight: The ability to understand the problems and issues our games and business wants to pursue, and then defining the right data, analysis or interpretation to lead to the right recommendations and decisions
- Coding (mainly python): The ability to develop maintainable and readable code as well as working with others’ people code
- Stats: Proven basis of statistics and machine learning techniques.
- SQL: The ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases with 300+ million players and work with relational database systems.
- Analytical coding: Using tools such as Python for analytical purposes
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
- Smart - intellectual dexterity
- High integrity
- Low ego
- Pragmatic problem-solver - someone who looks for solutions rather than worrying about problems
Other experience that might be helpful, but is not required, includes:
- Work in the games industry, customer service or similarly customer-facing digital businesses
- Familiarity with massive data sets and tools to deal with them (GCP/Hive/Impala etc)
- Experience creating end to end solutions and data tools
- Experience dealing with version control tools such as Git
- Experience in Machine Learning, predictive analytics, segmentation, and related areas
- Software engineering skills in Java and other languages (beyond R and Python which we use most frequently)
- Skills with standard reporting tools such as Looker/Tableau/etc.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.
London, United Kingdom
We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. Our franchises include Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch. We have 340 million average monthly unique users, as of second quarter 2015, across web, social and mobile platforms.
At King, we design games with a broad appeal, which allow people to play for a moment, then move on with their day and pick up their game later. Our games are also synchronized across platforms, allowing players to switch seamlessly between devices and platforms and continue their game wherever they left off, so they can play anywhere, any time and on any device. For us, this is encapsulated in the idea of bitesized entertainment.
King has game studios in Stockholm, Bucharest, Malmö, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Singapore, and Seattle, along with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai.