Our Smart Thermostat: Toon is currently installed in more than 300,000 households. This means we have access to a huge amount of unique, (un)structured data. From this data you will extract knowledge and develop new models and algorithms for new tools or applications. You will work closely together with the Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Innovation Managers and Software Developers.
- Define algorithms and models to create new functionalities for our products and services.
- Code and test new algorithms for prototype and production applications.
- Identify Product ideas, define hypotheses and validate them with data analysis.
- Translate Data into meaningful insights.
- Translate models and analysis in visual and understandable presentations for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Contribute to setting up Data Science as a discipline within Quby.
Who you are
You love to build models that work in a production environment and add value. You have an intrinsic motivation to solve complex problems and develop algorithms that can process large amounts of data. You have a data driven mindset and you know how to create visualisations from data in order to tell a story. You can explain why a naïve Bayes classifier is naïve, and what a random forest is. You are eager to learn new programming languages and how to apply them. Last but not least you like to bring theory into practice and enjoy writing applications to put your models into production.
- You understand the strengths and weaknesses of different models and can independently choose the right approach.
- When it comes to data analysis you do not expect data to be clean,
concise, well organised, well documented, consistent or complete; you
deal with what you get.
- You like to stay up to date with state-of-the-art methods and are eager to learn new skills.
- Master's Degree in Physics, Engineering or similar.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in Data Science and data driven software development.
- Experience with analysing large data sets and the tools for analysing them: R / Python / Julia.
- Broad set of technical skills: relational or NoSQL databases, command line tools, engineering best practices.
- Programming skills: Experience with at least one scripting language (ideally Python/Pandas).
- Strong knowledge of statistical concepts.
- Bonus: (Py)Spark / Pig / Hadoop.
- Bonus: Experience of applying models to physical processes.
What Quby offers you
First of all: just over a 150 very enthusiastic colleagues that love to work with new technology and innovative solutions for energy insight!
- Enjoy a competitive salary with great benefits.
- Pension plan, 75% contribution by Quby.
- Travel reimbursement.
- Learn on the go: yearly 5% of your year salary available for personal development.
- Flexible work hours, start the day between 8:00 and 10:00.
- Free fruit & great coffee and tea.
- Regular Friday night drinks, game nights and other fun events.
- In house Coach.
- Tech lunches.
- 25 vacation days.
- Bi-weekly chair massages.
- Collective Health Insurance.
Excited? Please send in your resume and motivation letter (in
English) before 30th April 2017. We will let you know as soon as
possible if we would like to invite you to our office for an interview.
An online Assessment is part of the selection process.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!