Elliptic is the world's leading Blockchain intelligence company. We identify illicit activity on
the Bitcoin blockchain, and our clients include financial institutions and law enforcement
What’s the role?
Elliptic is looking for an ambitious, passionate data professional to research and design
algorithms for our cutting-edge blockchain analysis platforms. We leverage open source
technologies but have also built our own high-performance, in-memory data pipeline and
analytics engine. This is a full-time role in our London office.
What you’ll do:
● Conduct independent research to uncover signs of illicit financial activity and
deanonymise bad actors
● Run experiments to evaluate new features and heuristics
● Work with engineers to turn pertinent analyses into production-ready algorithms for
client facing products
● Collaborate with other data scientists and engineers to enhance and develop our
data science toolkit
● 2+ years' relevant industry experience
● Deep knowledge of some of the major data science tools and frameworks for large
datasets (e.g., python, pandas, skit-learn, R, spark, sparkML…)
● Advanced knowledge of Scala/ Java required
● Good knowledge of data analysis relevant to the blockchain - think network/graph
● A strong, quantitative degree (computer science, maths, physics,...), PhD preferred
● Passion for exploration, experimentation and building with large data sets
● Strong coding skills in at least one language
Bonus points for:
● Experience relating to AML, fraud detection or forensics
● Appetite for discussions about economics, money, identity and privacy
● Interest in Bitcoin
● Share options
● Private health insurance
● Shiny new laptop
● Coffee and beer!
Elliptic is not a traditional financial services firm. We pride ourselves on having a laid-back
and friendly ethos, while still expecting great things from our team. Fascinating work is the
norm - working at Elliptic is never boring!
No recruitment agencies please.