letgo's the largest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally. With over 75M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings to date, letgo’s been named among the “Hottest Startups” by Wired and “Best Apps” by Google, and it’s the second fastest growing app in America since its 2015 launch. Business Insider calls letgo “the go-to app for selling your stuff” and it’s been featured by The New York Times, The Today Show, USA Today, The Verge, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and hundreds of others worldwide. Already among the most popular apps in America, letgo’s marketplace is filled with everything from electronics and cars to clothing and furniture. Listing something on letgo is as simple as taking a photo thanks to its advanced technology. It’s the only app of its kind that can automatically title and categorize an item using artificial intelligence. Plus, users can easily browse local listings, chat instantly in the app, and view each other’s profiles, ratings and reviews.
Based in our New York and Barcelona offices, our team of over 165 represents more than 20 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo’s goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind in the world. We’re looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something our users love and - just as importantly - who are excited by the challenge.
The Data Scientist Intern is responsible for designing, developing and deploying in-app Computer Vision models for object recognition and tagging. This is a unique opportunity to apply modern CV techniques to product features used by millions of people.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Perform analyses to identify improvement opportunities in our current models
- Research and prototype state-of-the-art CV models and benchmark them against a baseline
- Deploy your models and A/B test their impact!
- Communicate learnings and insights to R&D and Product teams
To get there, you’ll need:
- PhD. or advanced MSc. student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields
- Deep experience with at least one Deep Learning modeling platform (Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, Caffee, etc)
- Strong quantitative skills (statistics, probability, machine learning) as well as knowledge of algorithms/data structures
- Strong software development skills (preferably Python, Java or Scala)
Nice to have:
- Experience with mobile deployment of Deep Learning models (Tensorflow lite, Apple's coreml) and model quantization/compression techniques
- Familiarity with building and deploying data pipelines and services in AWS
- Paid internship position in Barcelona
- In-house physical therapy
- Language classes
- Candy bar (fruit, snacks, drinks, coffee, etc.)
- Activities, team building, etc.
- Exceptional work environment
- Opportunity to work for a fast growing, mobile start-up company
Please send us a note explaining why you are interested in this position, attaching a copy of your CV and links to relevant work (publications, GitHub repositories, etc).
Recently named one of Europe's "Hottest Startups" by Wired, letgo's recently been featured by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Fortune, Bloomberg, TechCrunch and others.
letgo's team is made up of 120 people of 25 different nationalities in our New York and Barcelona offices. We are a diverse, passionate group that’s connecting millions of buyers and sellers. Our nimble, expert team is fueled by deep experience and rich analytics, allowing us to innovate with cutting-edge features like image recognition powered by artificial intelligence, and the letgo Commercializer.
We're looking for people who are as passionate as we are and, just as importantly, who embrace constant change and innovation. If that sounds like you, check out our open positions at jobs.letgo.com