Speak the language like you’ve always wanted to.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who take joy in learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are steadily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel more than 450 team members from over 39 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
Changing the way the language learning is done is a great challenge, so we are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Berlin office.
We love to see what you make of your role, but to start with we want you to do the following:
- Embedded in a cross-functional team, you execute prescriptive data analyses and models that drive business and functional decisions within a team of Marketers, Designers and Developers.
- You plan and execute experiments that facilitate learning and accelerate customer value on Babbel’s new Multi-Product Conversion Funnel.
- To optimize operational tasks and drive growth, you design and implement reports and data visualizations.
- Supporting our quest to drive customer value, you model purchase decisions and revenue conversion flows.
- You love creating compelling stories around data-based insights, which make Babbel a more insightful organization.
- 3-5 years of data analysis experience, preferably for an online business
- Proficient in at least one Data Science Toolkit like R or Python. We use Python
- Proven track record of transforming data into actionable insights
- Backed by the support of your colleagues in a Data Science Team of 10, you thrive in cross-functional teams and can get yourself up to speed quickly
- Working proficiency in English will be needed to navigate the international environment at Babbel
- Programming experience is considered a plus
- Experience with the build-measure-learn cycle is a plus
- Work directly with our unique language learning data
- Responsibility from day one
- Participate in hackdays and technology brown-bags
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Great company benefits (High-End company bike, fresh fruits & drinks etc.)
- Start-up mentality and attractive working environment in the heart of Berlin
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!