Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest
Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities
across 15+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent
Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant
scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million
jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
You will work closely with product and engineering teams to define and tackle focused as well as open-ended problems. In the process, you will:
- Embark on exploratory data analysis projects to achieve better understanding of phenomena as well as to discover untapped areas of growth and optimization.
- Help define and track the approperiate key metrics for specific projects.
- Design and run randomized controlled experiments, analyze the resulting data and communicate results with other teams,
- Collaborate with engineers to build prototype predictive models into production and re-iterate as needed.
of the problems the data science team works on are: Dynamic pricing
optimization. Optimal dispatching. Fraud detection and prevention. ETA
prediction. Location search optimization.
The ideal candidate is innovative, detail-oriented, result-focused, has a solid quantitative background, business savvy, and takes full ownership of their work from the inception of the idea to the implementation of the final product. In particular, the requirements are
- 2+ years experience in data mining, predictive modeling, time series analysis, machine learning, Big Data methodologies, transformation and cleaning of both structured and unstructured data.
- Fluency in English along with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency and demonstrated experience in at least 2 of the following: SQL, R, Python, Spark, Hive, RapidMiner.
- Demonstrated experience with database technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Hive, Oracle, SAP, DB2, Teradata, MS SQL Server, MySQL) is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with business intelligence and visualization tools (Tableau, MicroStrategy, ChartIO, Qlik) along with geospatial data processing skills is also a plus.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline such as Physics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or Computer Science.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Competitive salary and equity shares
- 25 working days annual leave
- Entrepreneurial working environment
- Flexible working arrangements
- Mentorship and career growth