Delivery Hero is building the next generation global online food-delivery platform.
We’re a truly global team, working across 45 countries to ensure our customers are able to find, order and receive their favourite food in the fastest way possible. Since we started our journey in 2011, Delivery Hero has become the world’s largest food-delivery network, and we’re focused on a culture of growth, in both size and opportunities.
If you’re an enthusiastic, innovative problem solver, hungry for a new adventure, an exciting job and an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
We are looking for a Data Scientist (f/m) to join our central Data Science team in Berlin. The mission of the department is to analyze large and complex datasets using scientific methods and translating them into meaningful data products that can be rolled out for all of our markets. As our projects are expanding, we are looking for new team members to support and own projects such as marketplace optimization, restaurant classifications, order and ranking algorithms, lead qualification algorithms, text and data mining as well as marketing and product related projects. You will also have the opportunity to work with state of the art technologies.
For our upcoming data products and analyses a profound understanding of business administration, KPIs and data modelling as well as data engineering are hugely beneficial.
- Own data projects from collection to operationalization.
- Build data products that improve the business and scale to multiple markets.
- Conduct descriptive and inferential statistical analyses.
- Identify new opportunities and advocate your ideas.
- Specify your data needs, so our data engineers enrich the central data solutions.
- Define and implement standard operating procedures for statistical analysis across departments.
- Work with structured and semi-structured data from different heterogeneous data sources (BigQuery, Redshift, Adjust, Salesforce, Google Analytics, PostgreSQL and many more).
Your heroic skills:
- You love to learn, are a critical thinker and creative problem solver who thrives for excellence.
- Experience with scientific work in your Bachelors, Masters or PhD in statistics, physics, economics, mathematics, data science or similar.
- Sound understanding of statistical models such as regressors, classifiers as well as hypothesis testing.
- Fluency in Python and familiarity with its scientific stack such as NumPy, Pandas, scikit learn, Matplotlib.
- Excel, SQL and BI tools are a plus.
- Business and e-commerce experience is a must.
- You are a team player who loves to collaborate and work with stakeholders from different backgrounds in an international environment.
- Good english communication skills.
We offer you:
- International working atmosphere and cross-cultural teams.
- Goal oriented environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- Great career opportunities.
- Safety of a large company: pension scheme and stability.
- Nice work environment and English as working language.
- For applicants from abroad: relocation package and German lessons.
Have we caught your attention? Then please send us your application including cover letter, CV, salary expectations and earliest starting date.
We’re looking forward to your application!
About Delivery Hero