We are looking for a talented and experienced Data Scientist interested in pushing the boundaries of online game analytics, with a proven ability to practically apply a combination of technical, statistical and econometric skills to drive business value.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to improve the experience of King’s 300 million+ players across our network of games, and help us to further understand, model, predict, segment, monetise and retain those customers, then this may be the right opportunity for you. You will be part of the community of 80+ business intelligence & analytics experts at King, while working on a daily basis in smaller teams of 6-8 people, including other data scientists, focused on particular games, our network or specific business areas.
- Identify potential business opportunities within your area and scope/design approaches to capture those opportunities
- Translate business needs to technical requirements and AB-tests, and work with development teams to ensure correct implementation, specifically including correctly tracking the right information to allow easy, precise analysis of the impact
- Develop an analysis strategy and perform analysis of complex scenarios and AB-tests, both systematically and on a one-off basis.
- Participate in the design of next generation cross-promotion recommendation engines in collaboration with our dedicated tech team and product owners.
- Develop models around machine learning technics to recommend the best games to our players and maximise cross-promotions in the network.
- Work with our design team to understand how placements in the games could evolve and new UI potentials.
Skills to create thrills
You have a passion for quantitative analysis and the ability to draw business insights that will add real value to King. You will need to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced and collaborative environment whilst communicating effectively with teams and individuals across King - such as Game Developers, Business Performance Managers and Marketeers.
- Business Insight: ability to understand the key issues our games need to address and autonomously frame the analysis that will lead to the right answers / recommendations
- Analytical toolkit: familiarity with fundamental data analysis tools such as R, Python (and also Excel)
- Stats: experienced in machine learning techniques, specific experience in recommendation engines is a plus.
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
- Database/SQL: ability to write complex SQL queries to analyse our databases with 300+ million players, and work effectively with both Hive and relational database systems
- Industry: relevant experience in mass-consumer type of services (Telecom, e-commerce, retail, gaming, etc.)
- Highly numerate : Performance driven profile
- Cultural: You will be smart, hard-working, low-ego and able to work in a fast based business environment.
- International experience: King is an extremely international business (there are Candy Crush Saga players in Antarctica!) - so candidates with strong international experience are desirable.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
King in Barcelona
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.
London, United Kingdom
We have developed more than 200 fun titles, and offer games in over 200 countries and regions. Our franchises include Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch. We have 340 million average monthly unique users, as of second quarter 2015, across web, social and mobile platforms.
At King, we design games with a broad appeal, which allow people to play for a moment, then move on with their day and pick up their game later. Our games are also synchronized across platforms, allowing players to switch seamlessly between devices and platforms and continue their game wherever they left off, so they can play anywhere, any time and on any device. For us, this is encapsulated in the idea of bitesized entertainment.
King has game studios in Stockholm, Bucharest, Malmö, London, Barcelona, Berlin, Singapore, and Seattle, along with offices in San Francisco, Malta, Seoul, Tokyo and Shanghai.
Official website, founding date, employees, how did it all begin... Do you know the whole story?Tell Us!