Are you willing to have an impact on the connected vehicle and telematics industry, with your relevant big-data insights? As a Senior Data Scientist in Bridgestone Mobility Solutions, you will work on real products, data-based insights, leveraging and exploring hundreds of million data points, such as vehicle telemetry, fleet, and driver’s behaviour as well as product sales and usage data. You will also be part of our core business unit, Webfleet Solutions Europe, as part of the Marketing Strategy team to help taking business decisions based on data and prediction models.
Being a member of a cross functional team, including data scientists, product managers, product marketeers, data engineers and software developers, you will be responsible for building up and maintaining a steady inflow of data, analyses, and prediction models, making sure that will materialize in proper business decisions for our primary business unit.
Here’s a little taste of your challenge:
As a data scientist you are on the forefront driving business results by generating data-based insights.
- Data mining and data analyses to generate new insights for well-informed business decisions with the stakeholder support.
- Designing data driven / machine learning models from the bottom up. This includes defining the project goals and understanding the internal customer problem/journey, carving out the necessary KPIs together with stakeholders, constructing a training/validation and test set, pre-processing the data, employing a machine learning model, and bringing it into production via micro services.
- Proposing and steering our short- and long-term efforts to exploit new data types and sources internally.
- Coordinate model implementation
- Close collaboration with marketeers, data engineers and analysts to improve business performance in KPIs as customer upsell and churn, prospecting, and rich-data content generation.
Who are you?
There is no set route to become our new Data Scientist. But to be successful in this role, this is the kind of profile we have in mind:
- You have at least 4 years’ experience in building statistical models, manipulating data sets.
- You can utilize all kinds of data sources, such as relational databases via SQL, non-relational databases, and any kind of web interface providing structured and unstructured data in json, xml, or any other common data format.
- Personal must-haves: strong problem-solving skills, analytic mind, achievement orientation, sense of quality, flexible thinking, and good communication skills. You are a self-driven team player with entrepreneurial touch and a passion for results.
- You have profound knowledge and experience with Python or any other object-oriented programming language.
- You have a deeper understanding and already applied various unsupervised-learning techniques, such as k-mean, Gaussian mixture models, DBSCAN, self-organized maps, or autoencoders, as well as in standard supervised learning techniques like regression, random forests, naive Bayes. In addition, you have already designed deep learning models in Keras or PyTorch.
- You were able to gain insight into and experience with the following frameworks, standards, and software categories: Spark, Azure, or similar.
- You have experience visualizing and presenting data utilizing Power BI, Tableau, matplotlib, or Plotly.
What can you expect?
- An adventure in business analytics, marketing strategy, CRM and bigdata within a rapidly growing business unit of a globally renowned brand and various opportunities for your professional development.
- Being part of a team of professional and passionate data scientists and marketing analysts, contributing to building and adapting the technology for Webfleet Solutions Europe.
- Brilliant minds. Learn from your colleagues – pioneers and experts who are changing the IoT landscape.
- Different cultures. Our employees come from all over the world, with 55 nationalities and counting
Practically Speaking, what's in it for you:
- Competitive salary.
- Benefits package in addition to the salary:
- Retirement and disability pension
- Life and accident insurance
- Flexible holiday plan.
- Birthday off!
- Plenty of formal training for new joiners + access to LinkedIn Learning.
Who are we?
Webfleet Solutions is part of Bridgestone Europe NV/SA (“Bridgestone”), a subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, a leader in advanced solutions and sustainable mobility.
Webfleet Solutions is one of the world’s leading telematics solution providers, dedicated to fleet management, vehicle telematics and connected car services. Its main Software-as-a-Service solution WEBFLEET is used by businesses of all sizes to improve vehicle performance, save fuel, support drivers and increase overall fleet efficiency. In addition, Webfleet Solutions provides services for the insurance, rental and leasing industries, car importers and companies that address the needs of businesses as well as consumers. Webfleet Solutions has over 50,000 customers worldwide and services drivers in more than 100 countries, giving them the industry’s strongest local support network and widest range of sector-specific third-party applications and integrations. Our customers benefit every day from the high standards of confidentiality, integrity and availability of our ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified service, re-audited in November 2018.
For further information, please visit webfleet.com. Follow us on Twitter @WebfleetNews. For more information about Bridgestone in EMIA, please visit www.bridgestone-emia.com and Bridgestone newsroom.
Want to join us?
If that’s a yes, then please apply to say hi. Complete the online form and attachments in English, please.