Shedd is an app for buying and selling pre-adored fashion.
Sounds simple enough, right?
Our ambitions are significantly bigger. We believe fashion is just the start. The goal has always been to make better use of the world's possessions. What we do after revolutionising the way the planet consume fashion with a heavy bias to minimalism and access over ownership is up to you.
We are Shedd, and we are trying to help the world make better use of its possessions. We see the biggest opportunity right now in the fashion segment, where globalization, increased dispensable income in emerging markets, social media obsession and fast fashion are creating consumerism that is spiraling out of control.
We know that over 50% of the average woman’s wardrobe space is made up of unworn or once-worn items in perfect condition, that will never be worn again. We think this is a huge waste.
So Shedd created a fashion marketplace enabling people to be creative and experimental – but in a more sustainable way. Promoting the buy.wear.shedd. mentality.
A young and hungry company with a global footprint, backed by OLX Group and Naspers – Shedd is an exciting place to work. We are aggressively expanding into new markets, and are still agile enough to test and iterate design systems with pace (as a start-up would), whilst benefiting from the backing and experience of a global powerhouse, to scale quickly.
As a Shedd data engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Shedd’s analytics architecture, technology stack and its underlying processes.
The success of Shedd is built on heaps and heaps of data. Data is great, but truth to be told, it’s only as good as the architecture it lives in and the algorithms processing it.
As Shedd is scaling up within current markets and expanding to five new markets, we are creating a new role for a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer will design and build data models and metrics to support business users as well as optimize and develop our current data-warehouse,
As a Data Engineer you will closely collaborate with mobile and backend engineers as well as data scientists to create robust, scalable data pipelines putting analytical solutions in the hands of users. The Shedd way of working is super agile, applying state of the art lean methodologies.
You will also collaborate with global and regional OLX data engineering and data science teams – catalyzing your path to becoming an expert in the space.
The challenge for the Shedd data engineer is to lead the data engineering efforts for large scale projects like customer lifecycle management, performance marketing or recommendation engines. As well as designing and continuously improving our ETL processes for faster performance and greater reliability.
You will also Explore and implement newest technologies and drive our ambition to become leaders in data innovation.
What we ask from you
- Top of class technical degree such as computer science, engineering, math, physics.
- 4+ years of experience on large data sets, preferably in an e-commerce environment
- Advanced SQL skills across variety of relational data warehousing technologies (e.g. Redshift, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Teradata, SQL Server, IBM DB2)
- Proven experience in world-class business intelligence solutions, solid data warehouse designing and modelling skills
- Experience with ETL tools (such as Pentaho, Talend)
- 2+ years of experience with one or more programming languages: Python (big plus), Scala or Java
- Ability to communicate insights and findings to a non-technical audience
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think creatively; highly-driven and self-motivated
- Written and verbal proficiency in English
- Nice to have:
- Experience with big data and/or NoSQL databases (such as Mongo, Dynamo or Redis).
- Experience with reporting solutions.
- Experience with AWS stack (in particular severless services like Lambda and Kinesis
What we would need from you
- Fast and thorough.
- Natural and effective communicator.
- Not afraid to go swimming in data.
- A 5* attitude, ready to punch above your weight, whist getting those hands dirty.
- Think like an entrepreneur.
- Get the basics right.
- Zig when they zag.
- Know our user inside out.
What we offer:
- Office location in Barcelona City Centre
- Private Health Insurance
- Access to Internal and External Trainings, Workshops and Tech Conferences
- 3pm Finish on a Friday
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Access to Flexible Retribution
- Free Language Lessons
- Free Snacks and Coffee
- Shedd Team Breakfast on Tuesdays
- Flexible Working Hours
- A multicultural environment with more than 19 nationalities
- A passionate, super smart, creative, fun and talented Team
- Be part of OLX Group