We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team in the Barcelona offices. You will be part of a team aiming at solving a variety of challenges arising from the everyday work of the Marketing, Finance, Product, Billing and Technology teams. You will be responsible for applying quantitative analysis, data visualization, data mining and machine learning techniques in order to tell the story behind numbers and derive actionable insights. Moreover, it's expected that you will use sophisticated statistical methods to change the way we interpret data and how our products operate.
- Extract, clean, combine and model data from multiple sources to perform ad-hoc analysis.
- Evaluate the results of different A/B tests and changes in customer behaviour.
- Use statistical methods to predict and model data in order to improve our product performance
- Effectively communicate analysis results and insights to different stakeholders.
- Partner with other data scientists, analysts or engineers on data modelling, data processing and analysis
- Develop, test and implement predictive algorithms by using state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and statistical models
- Improve data quality through active data governance and strong collaboration with development teams
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, marketing amongst others; identify use cases for data science applications
- +3 years of experience in a data analyst/scientist position ideally in a digital industry
- Experience with R or Python for data wrangling, manipulations and performing exploratory analysis (familiar with data manipulation libraries such as Dplyr/Purrr or Numpy/Pandas).
- Ability to write advanced queries in SQL.
- Demonstrable experience at the production of ideas; from conception to deployment
- Hands-on analytical experience on large volumes of data ideally with cloud environment (AWS)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills using a range of data analysis or statistical techniques
- Working knowledge of databases, data structures and reporting systems
- Able to communicate analysis results and complex concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Understanding of statistical methods and how data science can be applied to improve different elements of product and business operations
- Knowledge or experience with advanced probability and statistics topics such as Bootstrapping, Bayesian analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, Hypothesis Testing, and Time Series Analysis.
- Think and work independently, demonstrate creativity and deliver quick results, yet demonstrate a team-player attitude.
- MSc (or PhD) in a numerical field such as Mathematics, Physics, Computer science, Electrical Engineering, or Statistics.
- Fluent English
WOULD BE PLUS IF YOU HAVE
- Practical experience deploying ML projects
- Knowledge or experience with AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, and R Shiny applications.
- Experience with big data (e.g. Spark) and data processing applications
- Previous participation in competitions such data hackathons, or Kaggle competitions, etc.
Some of the data technologies and concepts we are working at TeamCMP and you might have a chance to explore at some point; no particular order: MySQL, R, Python, Athena, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, ETL, Redshift, Matillion, S3, Google Analytics, Tableau, MongoDB, NoSQL, GitHub, Elasticsearch.
- Office benefits like free lunch delivery every day and breakfast available a couple days a week. Also a stocked kitchen full of snacks, drinks, unlimited coffee and cold brew. Classic arcade games, multiple communal workspaces and plenty of lounge space too!
- Plenty of events to make you feel at home and get to know your new team. Occasional BBQs, Friday Pizzas and Happy Hours, Team Lunches out every Thursday
- Season long lottery for free Barça tickets in box seats
- Quarterly Bonus Program based on our revenue and your individual performance
- Employee Referral Program bonus.
- 23 days of vacation, plus flexible bank holidays. Design your own working calendar with a lengthy consecutive vacation day policy
- Flexible working hours: Arrive at the office from 8:30-11:00 and stay until 17:00-19:30
- Beautiful new headquarters in the center of Barcelona, Easy commute via car, bus, metro, train and bike.
- Sponsored access to nearly all gyms and yoga centers in Barcelona
- Top notch equipment (iMac or Macbook; Apple 27″ retina display). If you need something special, let's talk about it.
- Freedom to choose your own training anywhere in the world by yourself or with teammates (conferences, courses...) - time off and costs covered by us within your personal training budget/limits.
- Annual Gathering, completely sponsored by us, located globally and lasts 4-7 days depending on travel. So far, we've visited Caribbean, Sardinia, Algarve, Cancun, Huesca, Swiss Alps, and have a bunch more locations on the way!
- Competitive salary based on experience and job market.
- Private health and dental insurance plan for employees and their families.
- Free English, Spanish and Catalan classes.
- Generous relocation package
** Only applications in English will be considered. Thank you!