FilledThis offer is not available anymore
We are Wind.
Our mission? To make transport sustainable for everyone across the world. We’re putting the fun back into commuting with our e-scooters, and we want you to join us!
Today we are powering over 15 cities worldwide and growing quickly to become a key player in the field of micro-mobility. With the launch of a new state of the art scooter, we are expanding our talented team to reach new heights.
We are looking for a superhero to be our new Data Scientist to power and expand our BI team in Barcelona. It’s a hands-on and rewarding role which requires a strong set of technical, analytical and problem solving skills.
Our team has an obsession with offering a unique customer experience. We do this by using the data we generate across the globe to understand our customers better than any other micro-mobility provider. The objective of this role is to help us revolutionise this business by getting the understanding of our fleet and our customers to the next level. You will put together models for demand, usage, theft, user app behaviour, route optimisation, etc..
If you’re hungry for a challenge, able to navigate the uncharted waters of a new industry, and extremely result-driven…then what are you waiting for? We wanna hear from you!
Every superhero has super responsibilities
- Transform business questions (where should we position our scooters? what type of users do X? What would happen if Y?) into models and PoCs.
- Connect with our business experts and understand where Data Science can make a difference, originating new PoCs and applications.
- Ideate, prototype, fail and refine models continuously around our key business challenges and opportunities.
- Promote your best work to production (with 0-downtime objective in mind).
- Collaborate with the data engineers in the team (and sometimes become a data engineer) to bring the right data and in the right shape.
- Create new assets to extract features from the (JSON time-series) files from our devices (and identify those features in the data).
- 3+ years as Data Scientist
- An engineering degree
- "Beyond practitioner knowledge": understanding the details of the different algorithms and being able to identify those that will have higher chances to solve our problems.
- Ability to prototype quickly and present results to broad audiences.
- Experience promoting data science applications to prod (including automated training, creating a serving layer for the model, packaging the model into a container).
- Vast knowledge of 1 or more programming languages (Python, R...).
- Excellent English
It would also be great if you are:
- Familiar with AWS and the assets tailored for data scientists.
- Familiar with mainstream databases' technology.
- Experience with Spark and other Big Data technologies.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing, international team
- Flexible working hours
- Team building events
- A real challenge! (We’re a startup…no day is ever the same!)
- Competitive salary
Come as you are! At Wind we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. While for this role we ask that you should be eligible to work in Spain, we remain an open-minded meritocracy. If you are a quick thinker, able to navigate the uncharted waters of a new industry, and extremely results-driven, we want to hear from you!
About Wind Mobility
Wind Mobility company page is empty
Add a description and pictures to attract more candidates and boost your employer branding.