We're looking for analytics leaders to work on our core products with a passion for social media to help drive informed business decisions for Facebook. You will enjoy working with cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. The perfect candidate will have a background in a technical field, will have experience working with large data stores, and will have some experience building software. You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products. You are scrappy, focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, progression, and user engagement of a product. You have experience leading and growing a team of data scientists. You have a passion for mentoring members of your team to achieve strong results and continued engagement. The perfect candidate will have experience building and managing world-class analytics teams, will have worked with large and complex data, and will have a track record of driving data-informed decisions.
Data Science Director Responsibilities
- Partner with Product, Engineering, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute product strategy and investment decisions.
- Inspire, lead and grow a team of data scientists.
- Be proactive with asking questions, ensuring that the right questions are being answered with appropriate level of rigor and that analyses lead to clear and actionable recommendations and impactful product changes.
- Experience managing large analytics teams including managers, working collaboratively with Product, Engineering and cross-functional partners, and guiding data-influenced product planning, prioritization and strategy development.
- Demonstrated experience in hiring, retaining and scaling diverse, geographically dispersed, high-performing teams.
- Proven experience influencing product strategy and drive change across org boundaries through clear and compelling communication of data-driven insights and analyses.Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.About Meta