Data QA Analyst in Valencia or Remote
We are looking for a Data QA Analyst, to come and reinforce our Quality Assurance team. You will be dealing working closely with our data engineers and data owners, being an essential element of the SCRUM process.
Your tasks will encompass data analysis, expression of acceptance criteria, data pipeline definition and analysis, manual one-off data testing, and definition of automated metrics and show-stoppers in the data flow. You will also take part in the daily quality control analysis and maintenance.
Personal skills and experience
- Experience as Data Analyst/Data QA between 1 and 3 years.
- Data regression testing and functional testing.
- ETL and data pipelines manual testing.
- Test cases definition and execution.
- Definition of automated data quality controls.
- Data flow, environments and data versioning.
- Experience with agile methodologies. Understand the priorities and the sprint goals of the team.
- Review acceptance criteria before and during refinement sessions.
- Work side by side with the SCRUM team and with the rest of the quality department.
- Be ready to help apply quality procedures throughout the software lifecycle and the data flow.
- You have worked with:
- Code: SQL, Git.
- BI tools: Dremio, Athena, AWS, Snowflake.
- Visualization: PowerBI, Excel.
- Data pipelines: Jenkins, GitLab.
- Management tools: Jira, Confluence.
- We are looking for high-level English speakers.
- You are a proactive team player, a good communicator and you pay attention to details.
Nice to have
- International experience.
- Experience with:
- Data governance tools: Informatica, Collibra, Talend, IBM.
- Visualization tools: Tableau, Snowsight.
- Code: Python, Spark, Jupyter, Numpy.
- Sonar, static testing.
- Quality management, quality gates.
- Understanding of the travel industry.
- Full time, indefinite contract.
- Be part of a fun, successful yet stable, young and exciting company.
- Nice and dynamic working environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- ForwardKeys Fridays: four working Fridays off per year.
- Remote work.
- Wellbeing activities: Pilates, Yoga, Mindfulness and Osteopath.
- English, Spanish classes.
ForwardKeys is an innovative travel analytics company. It was established in 2010 when the founders realised that the air reservation data used by airlines could serve every industry with an interest in global travellers. Since then, we have built an online platform through which our clients monitor and qualify traveller flows, map global demand and forecast travel trends. Our team now comprises over 90 people and continues to grow – and we are always looking to develop new datasets and products to help our clients understand the travel landscape.
The working environment at ForwardKeys is international, challenging and flexible: International because our employees come (and work) from all around the world, just like our clients.
Challenging is making the transition from a start-up to a bigger company, and everything that entails – from developing and selling new products to seeking and seizing new opportunities.
Flexible means we understand that doing your job well is more important than being in the office from 9 to 6. To ensure everyone is working towards the same goals, we have biannual company weeks during which we make sure to have fun.
The job location
The job location
You will have the possibility to partially work remotely from your most convenient location. Nevertheless, your presence in our Headquarters in Valencia, Spain will be linked to specific purposes, what we call “Key moments that matter.” At times when it is valuable to bring people together, impacting the commitment, stickiness, productivity, and desired outcomes.
50 - 200