The Data team at Privalia has taken on the challenge to build a brand new data pipeline. We are embracing the change at all levels: move to the Cloud, change our development tools, expand our team and most importantly influence a Think Data First approach at Privalia.
Our Data Platform team, is looking for new members passionate about data and excited about new technologies. As we build our Data Lake from scratch, we are looking for individuals that will bring their experience and desire to learn and adapt to new technologies.
For this role, we are looking for someone that will bring his experience to help the team build a robust streaming data pipeline. Among the interesting challenges, we are building in parallele a group data lake in collaboration with colleagues abroad.
What you’ll do
* Collaborate in the design and construction of our Data Pipeline feeding into our new Data Lake
* Collaborate with colleagues based in France and Belgium building our Group Data Lake
* Support the technical best practices to ensure data quality, robustness of solution and other activities related to ETL
* Work with our Master Data Management (MDM) team to ensure designs meet business and data requirements
* Break down the projects into tasks plan projects (springs)
* Lead and execute unit and integrations tests to ensure the integrity and quality of processes
* Share ownership of data flows by monitoring and proactively react to any execution failure
What you can bring to our team!
* At least 5 year experience in a Data team as a developer
* Experience with Google Cloud Platform
* Experience in Big Data solutions, preferable Google Big Query
* Passion about building a Big Data platform
* Experience with an Object Oriented programming language, preferable Java and/or Scala.
* English at a conversational level
* Experience with other cloud solutions, such as Amazon AWS or Azure
* Knowledge in Big Data solutions, such as Hadoop, HP Vertica
* Proactive profile, with a focus on quality and results
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize workload
* Knowledge in ETL tools, Tableau or Microstrategy
How you’ll grow
* You’ll be part of a fast growing organization full of opportunities and you’ll work with a wide variety of talented leaders and co-workers.
* You’ll enjoy our flat hierarchy with a high degree of freedom and autonomy to do your job fostered by Agile Methodology.
* You’ll be invited to participate in our annual training plan to develop your technical and managing skills.
* You’ll be able to participate in tech Talks, Workshop, Meet Up and Conferences and will have access to specific learning online IT platforms.
* You’ll improve through continuous deployment of product changes to get rapid feedback about your work.
* You’ll have a huge impact on the relationship between marketplace partner.