Data Lead in Barcelona
To fuel our Operations department in Barcelona, we are looking for a Data Lead to join our data team, which is in charge of all the data driven decisions of the company.
We are WIRIS, a software development company founded 20 years ago and headquartered in Barcelona with offices in the USA, Long Beach (California) since we acquired the American company Design Science in 2017. Wiris is continuously growing, not only in employee numbers, which keep increasing at double-digit rates but also in terms of products.
We are currently more than 80 people revolutionizing the educational field with innovative products, enhancing our value proposition for our global customers such as NASA, Blackboard, Moodle, and Pearson among others; and our mission is to make people's STEM work more meaningful by creating software with deep knowledge in advanced technology and science.
To find out more about our culture and values, you can take a look at our Instagram account: @lifeatwiris
- Lead, develop, coach, and grow a team of Data Engineers, Data Automation
Engineers, and Data Analysts.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
- Act as data evangelist looking for new opportunities to impact the business
using data-driven and data-centric mentality.
- Exploratory analysis
- Data solutions requirements definition
- The main projects the Data Lead is responsible for are:
- Data Mining (ETL + Data Lake)
- Transactional processes
- Analytic system, data visualization tools and reports
- Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or similar field
- Proven experience managing a team +3 people
- Proven experience as Data Scientist or Data Engineer
- Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques
- Experience working with Agile methodologies. Kanban is a plus!
- A knack for statistical analysis
- Good knowledge of Python and object-oriented programming
- Good Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Good understanding of modern applications and data stacks such as Microservices, Event Streaming, Data Lakes, etc
- Experience with big data and cloud technologies. AWS is a plus
- Full-time permanent position.
- Competitive salary + optional flex salary plan.
- Flexible working hours and a hybrid work environment.
- Private health insurance.
- Birthday day off, in addition to your vacation days off.
- Unlimited access to Udemy Business.
- In-house English and Spanish lessons to improve your knowledge.
- A great work environment in Barcelona city center.
- All the coffee you can drink, fresh fruit, and yogurt.
50 - 200