We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Hispanic America and Africa. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
Our vision and ambition are not only to make everything immediately available in your city but it is also to offer our employees the job of their lives. A job where you'll be challenged and have the most fun working in through tech-enabled experiences.
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
We are a product-centered company, and data is at the core of product development. In this role, you'll work with key business and product leads, analysts and data scientists to understand the business domain and how data can empower them. Your day-to-day will involve engaging with fellow engineers to develop a robust and scalable platform, to make the process of producing data and deriving insights efficient. You are passionate about the quality of the data you produce and take pride in having your data drive our business.
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Recruit, guide, manage and grow a high-performing team of Data Engineers of different seniority levels
- Create synergies across Business, Product and Engineering to prioritize the most impactful Data Products, enabling Glovo’s mission
- Manage the entire lifecycle of your team's projects, from OKRs definition to efficient execution and value delivery
- Contribute to Glovo’s Data Mesh strategy and collaborate across departments to improve our overall Data capabilities
- Role Model in Technical Excellence and Engineering Best Practices (from Testing, to CI/CD, to Observability). You’re comfortable acting as a Tech Lead, raising the bar of the team’s competences
- Lead architectural discussions (RFCs, Design Documents, …), contribute to technical decisions and drive impactful contributions to our code base and ways of working. In our tech stack we primarily use: SQL, Python, Spark, Redshift, Presto, AWS, Terraform, Docker, Airflow, Luigi, Jenkins, Github, Datadog, Looker, …
- Exceptional People Manager, someone the team will admire and follow from day one. You: empathize with people, know how to adapt your leadership style to situations, create trustworthy relationships, show and lead the way, have great communication and influencing skills
- Ultimately, you truly care about fostering an inclusive environment and serving your team while taking pride in seeing them grow and be successful, knowing you’ve helped them to get there through continuous coaching and mentoring
5+ years of experience working in Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, or a similar role and 2+ years of experience managing a team (5+ people) and multiple projects
Experience designing and building scalable and maintainable data processing systems (both batch and near/real-time) and data models that enable data-driven business decisions and product development
Strong Product Sense and Project Management, you would be comfortable to act as a Data Product Manager if required
Strong proficiency and experience with SQL and Python, knowledge of cloud data warehouses (Redshift) and distributed data processing frameworks (Spark, Presto)
Good understanding of Software Development best practices and Agile methodologies
You have knowledge of the following:
Data Mesh principles with hands-on implementation experience
Data processing tools (dbt, Delta Lake)
Streaming and Data Lake cloud architectures
Containerization tools (Docker)
CI/CD tools (Jenkins, Github Actions)
AWS services such as EMR, Glue, MWAA and infrastructure as code
Data Analytics and Visualization tools (Looker, Amplitude)
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
Attractive Relocation package (if applicable ;))
Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
Cobee discounts on kindergarten, transportation, and food
Free monthly Glovo credits to spend on our restaurant products (and zero Glovo delivery fee on all Glovo orders!)
Cool perks such as fresh fruit and healthy snacks every day, beers on Fridays, and Culture Days twice a year!
Discounted Gym memberships
Flexible working environment
WHAT YOU’LL FIND WHEN WORKING AT GLOVO:
GAS: Driven to deliver quality results quickly
Good Vibes: Bring positivity and communicate openly
Stay Humble: Self-aware and open to learning
Care: Uplift people and the planet
Glownership: Act as proud owners
High Bar: Focus on Top Performance
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
At Glovo we believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It's because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.