GSN Games is looking for a talented Data Engineering Manager based in Barcelona to be part of our Global Data team.
About the Data Team:
The GSN Data team provides the data, analytics, and algorithms necessary to make GSN Games a fun and rich experience for players. We are building a next generation data platform and analytics suite to support the nearly one billion records a day coming from our portfolio of gaming apps, databases, supporting web services, third party APIs, and everything in between.
What You’ll Do:
• Work closely with the GSN Data team (based in San Francisco) on key data initiatives for the company. This includes all aspects of data delivery, from ingestion, pipelining and ETL.
• Participate in design, implementation deploying of full pipelines utilizing AWS data technologies (AWS Kinesis/Lambdas, Fargate, etc.)
• Design, implement and deploy ETLs on Apache Airflow
• Work with data team in the US on global roadmap and data initiatives
• Help build, develop and manage a small data engineering/analytics team in Barcelona.
• 5+ years of experience in data engineering
• Experience with managing engineering/analytics teams of 3+
• RESTful service design and implementation
• Experience with SQL and at least two general purpose programming languages such as Python, Java, Scala, or C++
• Experience with relational database and NoSQL databases
• Strong familiarity with *nix tools and environments
• Commitment to high quality software through automated tests and continuous integration
• Strong AWS experience with DevOps and automation culture
• Experience working in agile environment
• Bachelor in CS or equivalent experience
• Experience with Vertica a plus
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Apache Storm, Spark, Presto, Parquet
• Experience in the gaming industry
GSN Games delivers social casino and skill-based games designed to fuel every player’s inner winner. Founded in 1999, the company has evolved into one of the world’s top game publishers and creators. Its collection of social casino games includes GSN Casino and Bingo Bash, both top 10 grossing iPad apps, as well as Wheel of Fortune Slots: The Ultimate Collection, Solitaire TriPeaks, Mirrorball Slots, Fresh Deck Poker and more. GSN Games also features WorldWinner.com and the WorldWinner app, where players can compete for real money in skill-adapted versions of the biggest game franchises of all time. Owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment and AT&T Entertainment Group, GSN Games operates eight locations worldwide across Boston, San Francisco, Palo Alto, Washington, D.C., London, Barcelona, Bengaluru and Zaporozhye, Ukraine. Connect with us on Twitter @insidegsngames, on Instagram @gsngames and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/gsn.
About GSN Games