IDOVEN is redefining cardiology with AI-powered research and diagnostic tools. We are invested by top VCs and business angels. Our technology is recognised with the European Seal of Excellence, funded by the Horizon 2020 European Commission, supported by EIT Health (network of best-in-class health innovators backed by the EU) and received the Healthy Longevity Catalyst Award from the U.S. National Academy of Medicine.
In 2021, we are awarded in South Summit as Most Disruptive Startup and Best Health Startup. We are one of the most promising European technology companies to watch. Come join us!
We are looking for a Data Engineering Lead to help bring our solutions to MedTech and pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, doctors and patients, and take our data infrastructure to the next level. This position requires an experienced leader with great attention to detail, the ability to organise & prioritise, and is comfortable working across the disciplines of database management, programming, operations, and client requirements.
You will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation healthcare
AI delivery platform. Reporting to the CTO, this role will be a key member of the leadership team.
What will you do?
● Design and manage large scale data systems with serverless, event-driven cloud technology, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Couchbase, etc.
● Collaborate with cardiologists and regulatory experts to understand business needs and transforming them into features (requirements) to feed Product backlog
● Define and design internal data model to support internal business and R&D processes (including data science and data discovery activities)
● Define data operation policy, pipelines and automate them, knowledge of mlflow and dataops best practice is highly valuable
● Design microservice architecture, pipeline DAGS (yaml), and implement
● Design data pipelines to support our applications, deployments, and integrations projects.
● Setup the customer success team, support remotely data ETL for deployments to partners and clients.
● Manage bug fixing inside the development cycle.
● Define and implement agile software best practices, release management, CI/CD, code review, testing, testing automation.
● Own meaningful parts of our service delivered to customers and have an impact.
What do you need to succeed?
● Graduate degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or engineering.
● Solid understanding of software engineering processes and driven to create a strong engineering culture.
● 7+ years of data and information management experience.
● 8+ years of experience working with Python / Matlab / Java and SQL.
● Previous experience with leading at least one Data project end-to-end, from requirements to implementation.
● Ability to succeed with deadlines, OKRs and ambitious goals in a fast-paced environment.
● Outstanding leadership skills with strong ability to effectively create and communicate the vision and inspire and motivate staff.
● Strong business acumen and ability to identify opportunities to enhance revenue and/or reduce costs.
● Knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies. Operationalize IT processes across the company. Determine where new development is required versus implementing present or near future packaged solutions.
● Knowledge of specific NoSQL databases: MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, Couchbase, etc.
● Well-documented code and experience using traceability tools such as GitHub or GitLab.
● Strong knowledge of machine learning methodologies using Google Cloud and AWS.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technology to business leaders, board members and non-technical profiles
● Excellent level of English, both written and spoken (Spanish and a third language is highly appreciated).
🚀 Be part of one of the most disruptive startups in Europe.
🔆 Flexible working hours.
🔝 Remote friendly.
🎊 Paid time off on your birthday and your children's birthday.
🍒 Fresh fruit every week.
📚 Free books rental.
🙋 Training Budget.
❄ Change of work schedule to work in the afternoon on ski powder days or after an epic snowfall.
🍻 Friday happy hours after our weekly team meetings.
😎 Regular team building events and offsites
🙀 Bank holidays swap inside the same month.
At IDOVEN, we believe in hiring people like you - ambitious, forward thinkers who want to make a difference in the world. Apply now!
Health & Fitness