If you could change one thing about travel, what would it be? At Amadeus, you can make that happen!
Travel makes the world a better place and we are fully dedicated to improving it and making it even more rewarding. We are one of the world’s top 15 software companies: we provide technology solutions and services within the travel industry.
Do you have ideas on how to improve travel for everyone? Do you find the idea of working in a diverse, multicultural environment exciting? Are you ready to make an impact across the world? Great, then join us! Let’s shape the future of travel together. #shapethefutureoftravel@Amadeus
Amadeus is a leading provider of technology in the travel industry. The Airlines Data Unit offers products and solutions based on the data produced by airlines, travel agencies and other players in this industry. The volume of data is huge and complex, but it contains invaluable insights that only a diverse team of data scientists and engineers can discover.
As our newest member, you’ll join our Data Science team in Madrid (Spain), Nice (France), or Munich (Germany). We’re a group of people coming from academia, research and industry backgrounds, who come from 14 different countries (and that’s nothing compared to Amadeus as a whole, where 123 nationalities work together to shape the future of travel). Amadeus is home to data engineers, data scientists and DevOps engineers of all kinds, based in different sites around the world. In the Airlines Data Unit, we regularly meet together in informal workshops where we exchange “life hacks.” We learn together about new technologies, best practices and new developments in the travel industry.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll work on setting the necessary infrastructure and services to deploy Big Data solutions on Amadeus’ Business Intelligence. You’ll provide expertise on architectures and support platform migrations across networks and data centers. You’ll combine Hadoop, Spark, and Cloudera Impala, write code in Scala, Python, and transform a bulk of messy data into knowledge that can be consumed via the web.
You’ll work with airlines across the globe. One week you’ll be deploying a new web-based tool for a small airline in the Pacific, the next week you’ll be developing a new solution on Spark for an airline in Asia, and the next you’ll be investigating the most recent Big Data technologies to make our products even better. The work we do is as diverse as we are!
You will be working:
- In a multicultural environment, using English as the primary language (but we speak many other languages too!)
- In contact with many other teams in our department and across Amadeus: sales, R&D, product management, consulting, customer support
- Face-to-face with customers for new implementations and deployments
- In a company that’s the largest travel industry investor in R&D in Europe
- With lots of opportunities to further develop your skills thanks to an excellent training catalogue plus regular specific trainings our team organizes for data scientists and data engineers
- And many other benefits: flexible work schedule, pension plan, private medical insurance and more!
What we are looking for:
- You have 3-5 years’ experience working as a software engineer, DevOps engineer, big data developer or similar role.
- You’ve been working in a research group, at university, etc, instead of industry? That’s fine: talk is cheap, show us your code!
- You have experience with the following:
- Software development tools and processes such as Git, JIRA/Confluence, pull requests, code reviews and Scrum
- Programming in Shell, Python, Scala or other languages
- Linux (Debian, CentOS, RHEL) and Windows environments, and a good understanding of security topics and best practices (e.g. firewalls, zoning, encryption, data protection)
- Data Management (manipulating massive amounts of data of different types, handling data warehouses or data lakes, data monitoring, quality and reporting)
- Big Data frameworks and tools like Cloudera, Hadoop, Spark, and their operation and tuning
- Operations for Big Data including deployment, distributions and file Systems management, data management, platform tuning
- The ability to synthesize information, think analytically, build relationships and perform with a flexible and proactive attitude are highly valued.
- We’re looking for people eager to learn new languages,
technologies, with a proven track record of being a fast learner. So
show us what you’ve done and what you’ve learned in your work
- Do you have a profile in Github, StackOverflow, or similar sites? We’d love to have a look!
Don’t know Scala/Impala/whatever yet? That’s not a problem, you’ll learn it with us!
Experience with the following will be an asset:
- Architecture (of data infrastructure, applications and platforms)
- Virtualization (e.g. OpenVZ, LXC, Docker, KVM, VMWare)
- Configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and release automation tools (e.g. Jenkins, Packaging)
- Database management skills, as we operate instances of Impala, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and SQLite.
- Design of visualizations with tools like Tableau, QlikSense and Microstrategy, and administration of the tools.
Our diversity commitment: equality, diversity and inclusion are part of who we are. We’re committed to equal opportunities and treatment regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, beliefs, sexual orientation or disability.
Any duplication and display of partial or full content of our job advertisement on any support, such as brochures, websites, mail, emails, this list is not exhaustive, is strictly forbidden without prior formal Amadeus’ authorisation.
Recruitment agencies: Amadeus does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Amadeus employees or any other company location. Amadeus is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About Amadeus Group